Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

If this was a game of pointing, sauntering about, he’d be the GOAT, he can fuck off, an abysmal footballer, an even worse so-called athlete and an absolute soft shite when it comes to mentality.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

We need to sign a couple of centre backs, go back to a three with Schar on the right, and fuck this bloke off for good.

Or just fucking buy a decent midfielder or 4…

Edited by HTT II

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Rich said:

We need to sign a couple of centre backs, go back to a three with Schar on the right, and fuck this bloke off for good.

Nah, we need ditch Schar as well. He's a complete liability as well.

Got in earlier than usual yesterday so saw some of the warm up. It was green and yellow bibs playing keep ball. However, this special little egghead had an orange bib on. It immediately became obvious he was playing for whichever team had possession - presumably because he’s seen as the focal point in our midfield.

While nothing major, it was just a slightly concerning insight into how he’s presumably viewed by the coaching staff. There’s no need to persist with him. He’s replaceable and could easily be replaced.

Guest reefatoon

Aye, for some bizarre reason, they seem to think he is the answer to our problems and not the reason for our problems.

41 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Got in earlier than usual yesterday so saw some of the warm up. It was green and yellow bibs playing keep ball. However, this special little egghead had an orange bib on. It immediately became obvious he was playing for whichever team had possession - presumably because he’s seen as the focal point in our midfield.

While nothing major, it was just a slightly concerning insight into how he’s presumably viewed by the coaching staff. There’s no need to persist with him. He’s replaceable and could easily be replaced.

I got in early as well and was surprised at how late we came out to warm up. It’s been a while for me at a live game so this might just be standard procedure ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I got in early as well and was surprised at how late we came out to warm up. It’s been a while for me at a live game so this might just be standard procedure ?

They have that indoor warm up area now? Maybe they do part of it indoors. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A big worry for me is that Howe rates this lad. 

Oh there's no doubting his ability on the ball. It's off the ball and general attitude that's missing . He's done it a few times now when someone new comes in he puts it all in, he's actually had a few good games for us recently then he reverts to type and is a fucking waste of time . Like a multitude of these cunts they shouldn't be at the club.

The list is long and growing 

11 minutes ago, GWN said:

Oh there's no doubting his ability on the ball. It's off the ball and general attitude that's missing . He's done it a few times now when someone new comes in he puts it all in, he's actually had a few good games for us recently then he reverts to type and is a fucking waste of time . Like a multitude of these cunts they shouldn't be at the club.

The list is long and growing 

Wasn't there yesterday owing to illness but attitude is a key issue throughout for us now and I cannot help but feel that's because influential players with bad attitudes are seemingly held in such high regard (because there is no one near their technical quality).

We then have try-hards who get shit for not being good enough and get berated... 

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A big worry for me is that Howe rates this lad. 

If we get a CM and he still plays Shelvey, Howe can fuck off cause then he literally wants to lose and seemingly knows fuck all about contribution

I am no fan of Shelvey's, he should have been moved on several years ago. But having the only player in the back 9 who is comfortable on the ball drop deep to pick it up and play a forward pass isn't really an awful idea.

Edited by Anon

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I am no fan of Shelvey's, he should have been moved on several years ago. But having the only player in the back 9 who is comfortable on the ball drop deep to pick it up and play a forward pass isn't really an awful idea.

Yeah he hits 1/20 long balls that work. Does nothing else at all. No interceptions, no duels, terrible tackles, doesn't free up space, no helping out the defending, why the fuck use him?

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Schar is probably better than him on the ball

I think I hate this plonker honestly, everything about his game and his mannerisms and the way he carries himself out in the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

Yeah he hits 1/20 long balls that work. Does nothing else at all. No interceptions, no duels, terrible tackles, doesn't free up space, no helping out the defending, why the fuck use him?

Because there's no-one else?

Guest ManDoon

6 Attempted challengesx, 50% win rate. LOL

I put all the data in the Match thread if anyone wants to read it.

Edited by ManDoon