Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I reckon he lacks self believe and confidence in himself tbh. Maybe to do with his looks and the shit he gets on that front.

As someone said above he clearly cares but he's a complex character no doubt.

Just glad Howe has him fired up and playing with respect for the shirt, he's covering the ground and putting 100% in.

I think in a team that truly dominated the ball he'd be a handy player - I always remember Southampton away last year, when we were a man up, he controlled that game like it was a night at the Power League. 

He'll always have these moments in him, even if the GK has to take the blame somewhat, but it's a case of consistency.

Much more useful since Lard Arse fucked off, in that he seems to be grafting harder and has toned down the needless Hollywood passes.

Still, I can't stand him, after years of unreliable, lazy, moody, petulant performances and 1 good game in 12 if you're lucky. His limitations are ten fold and whilst he's a necessary evil at the moment cos he's the only fucker who can pass in centre midfield, I can't wait til we ship him out and upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Much more useful since Lard Arse fucked off, in that he seems to be grafting harder and has toned down the needless Hollywood passes.

Still, I can't stand him, after years of unreliable, lazy, moody, petulant performances and 1 good game in 12 if you're lucky. His limitations are ten fold and whilst he's a necessary evil at the moment cos he's the only fucker who can pass in centre midfield, I can't wait til we ship him out and upgrade.

Good point re: Hollywood balls. There's a case to be made that giving him a degree of structure is good for him as it channels his key skill. 

It was just so obvious. Atleast with the Ederson one there was the explanation that everyone had just had a brain lapse and completely forgotten the rules. Thinking fouls didn't count in the box if the ball was lost. This time there was absolutely no explanation for why anyone wouldn't think it was a penalty though. It was stone wall and there isn't anything that could have been said to VAR that explains how they could have thought Kav never made a clear and obvious error.

Guest ManDoon
15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What's the story behind Shelvey's celebration btw? Always thought it might be this, but looking at it now it's probably far too self-deprecating :lol:

Hide contents

pans-labyrinth-1200.jpg?w=389

Yeah I’ve always thought it was that but no offence to Shelvey I can’t imagine he’s watched that film 

13 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s an odd one. He plays like he doesn’t give a shit, but you see his reaction when he scored today and he clearly does.

He's clearly trying to do the right things, positionally and graft-wise you couldn't fault him yesterday. He's just too slow to compete in that area of the pitch but that's not his fault. He still needs to be replaced, hopefully in this window. We desperately need some energy and bite in midfield. 

His fitness isn't up to scratch for a PL player, and that's before Bruce got his lamb fat soaked hands on him. You see a different player when he has some desire. We're all the same really, when we're fucked, we're fucked, but when we care enough we'll fuck ourselves that little bit more.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I’ve always thought it was that but no offence to Shelvey I can’t imagine he’s watched that film 

Aye [emoji38]. The real reason is a lot more the type of thing you'd expect from Shelvey. 

It is just a bit of banter, to be fair, between me and my brother," Shelvey explained.

"My brother wears glasses and my whole family wears glasses.

"I am the only one in the family who doesn't wear glasses so I have always just put my hands, my thumb and my second finger to my eyes, and take the Mickey out of them.

Guest ManDoon
18 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Aye [emoji38]. The real reason is a lot more the type of thing you'd expect from Shelvey. 

It is just a bit of banter, to be fair, between me and my brother," Shelvey explained.

"My brother wears glasses and my whole family wears glasses.

"I am the only one in the family who doesn't wear glasses so I have always just put my hands, my thumb and my second finger to my eyes, and take the Mickey out of them.

Very on brand for him haha 

Hes sort of playing this DM/QB role for Howe but with probably more emphasis on the DM, I thought he was great yesterday defending around our box. If he was physically more gifted/fit he'd be a level above in that role than where hes at right now.

Edited by Nine

7 hours ago, Klaus said:

It's unhealthy how annoyed I still am about that decision :lol: 

If it’s true that everything evens it’s self out in the end, I’m looking forward to us getting 6 soft penalties and stone wallers in our box being turned down.

The fact that the weasel cunt Maddison’s was given against us but that yesterday, and Fraser’s against Man City and weren’t is a disgrace.