Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Would hope we replace him if we get promoted. He's too much of a liability and goes missing for long periods of games.

He's one of probably only 3 or 4 PL quality players we have in our squad.

As he showed the last time we were there................oh wait.

Would hope we replace him if we get promoted. He's too much of a liability and goes missing for long periods of games.

He was still one of our better players last season.

I can only recall one good game and that was against West Ham on his debut.

He got dropped directly before our best run of form

Guest neesy111

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only remember him missing the palace game? He played against Swansea, Liverpool and spurs, no?

:lol: :lol: :lol: back. Great argument.

Guest neesy111

I can only remember him missing the palace game? He played against Swansea, Liverpool and spurs, no?

He came on as sub in those games.  He didn't start any of the last 6 games.

He didn't start any of the games when we went on a good run at the end of the season. He looks a lot fitter this season than last season

Guest neesy111

:lol: :lol: :lol: back. Great argument.

Honestly, what games were you following last season?  Shelvey was lambasted by many fans for his lazy performances after his debut vs West Ham.  I seem to remember his pathetic showing in the 5-1 at Chelsea where he couldn't be arsed to track back after 20 minutes.

He didn't start any of the games when we went on a good run at the end of the season. He looks a lot fitter this season than last season

Didn't he have to train all summer to get back into the reckoning under Rafa?

Either way, he was complete gash in the Prem and I've got serious doubts how he'll do next time around.

He's only decent when he gets acres of space/time.

Guest neesy111

Either way, he was complete gash in the Prem and I've got serious doubts how he'll do next time around.

He started first few games this season and then was dropped for a couple till his fitness was sorted.

He was absolutely shite last season like. He clearly couldn't be arsed and any benefit from his passing wasn't realised because our movement in the final 3rd was pretty much non-existent. Rafa wasn't even planning to start him this season going by our line-up against Fulham.

Last season was by no means a fair reflection of his actual ability like but he's still going to need someone alongside him with a good engine next year.

He started first few games this season and then was dropped for a couple till his fitness was sorted.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonjo-shelvey-reveals-scrapped-summer-11609926

Didn't start against Fulham on the opening day did he? Played pretty much every game since then though?

He didn't start our first game. He's started every league game since that he's been available except Bristol City

He was absolutely shite last season like. He clearly couldn't be arsed and any benefit from his passing wasn't realised because our movement in the final 3rd was pretty much non-existent. Rafa wasn't even planning to start him this season going by our line-up against Fulham.

Last season was by no means a fair reflection of his actual ability like but he's still going to need someone alongside him with a good engine next year.

That's always going to be the case even if someone else is playing instead of Shelvey. I've always thought that the central midfield you need two players with big engines. It's why I still preferred Tiote to Colback because clumsy as he was, at least he could cover some ground and close out the opposition. It's like playing with 10 men with Colback as one of the midfielders.