Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

• 2 weeks later...

My word (RIP Ray Wilkins). I am sick to death of this cunt. Even his long range passing is now totally pointless and ineffective. Always on his heels, hunched over like Quasimodo, watching Hayden and Willock do all his work for him.

Should not play for this club ever again. He’s a disgrace. 

Think his best position might be in the middle lane of the western bypass at 4pm on a Friday. We should play him there.

:lol:

He makes me angry at the best of times, but he sunk to new depths today.

He was never any good, but he wasn’t ever this bad, like. His play is a parody now.

This is a fair comment. He had his moments over the years but now is reaching consistently pathetically bad levels of mistakes in crucial plays.

Should have been rid of 2-3 years ago.

Played more long balls than the fucking keeper today. Fucking roll on.

That quip he made about how we would've probably looked to knock it long under Rafa and how the current gaffer cabbage "wants us to play", man. It was ludicrous when he first said it but given this knacker's ever increasing penchant for giving their keeper the ball back makes it all the more hilarious now.

When was that? Missed that like...

Said it when a bunch of morons came up to him at 3am and starting having a go at him for being a "bald cunt".  Probably not the smartest retort, but it was really a nothing story.

He shouldn't be getting abused, but it also shows he's a dickhead if that's a retort he comes up with. (if it's true, I haven't checked).

He'll look good in the Championship next season.

When was that? Missed that like...

Said it when a bunch of morons came up to him at 3am and starting having a go at him for being a "bald c***".  Probably not the smartest retort, but it was really a nothing story.

He shouldn't be getting abused, but it also shows he's a dickhead if that's a retort he comes up with. (if it's true, I haven't checked).

He'll look good in the Championship next season.

Not sure if he will, as the pace of the game has moved on, even in the Championship. The amount of lazy passes he gives away is quite stunning. I think the last time he played a top quality ball was Gayle’s goal against Liverpool at home nearly a year ago. Rafa had his number.

Can’t believe how casual the whole squad is TBH, it’s like relegation isn’t a thing.

Think the "too good to go down" stigma has settled in the players - there's certainly enough arrogance from Bruce in this regard.

Rafa knew how much he could rely on him. Would usually sub him before a game was out.

Looked the fittest, most disciplined, and his best in his career under that 18 months after we got back up with Rafa in 2018 and 2019.

Countless managers have given him chances and found out to their detriment he’s not worth the effort. Daglish, Rodgers,

, Laudrup, Monk, Swansea old-timer I can’t recall who was caretaker yet still binned him, Rafa...

It’s laughable the list of crime against Bruce now, but Shelvey’s Teflon status, coincided with the nuking of both the Longstaff careers. Seems the rotund ego maniac took it too personally when Matty netted against his true beloved ‘United’.

Rafa knew how much he could rely on him. Would usually sub him before a game was out.

Looked the fittest, most disciplined, and his best in his career under that 18 months after we got back up with Rafa in 2018 and 2019.

Countless managers have given him chances and found out to their detriment he’s not worth the effort. Daglish, Rodgers,

, Laudrup, Monk, Swansea old-timer I can’t recall who was caretaker yet still binned him, Rafa...

It’s laughable the list of crime against Bruce now, but Shelvey’s Teflon status, coincided with the nuking of both the Longstaff careers. Seems the rotund ego maniac took it too personally when Matty netted against his true beloved ‘United’.

Yeah, it’s clear as day this c*** is just one of Brucey’s major crimes and will be a major contributor to us going down. There is no place for him in the modern game and his lack of mobility leaves us completely exposed at times. His inability to play a short simple pass to set us on our way is just one example of his general lack of a footballing brain. No one doubts his ability to ping one good long ball in 10 attempts, but his constant coughing up of possession is infuriating and no decent manager would entertain it.

A midfield 3 of Hayden, Willock and S Longstaff would see us safe I’m convinced. This relegation is completely avoidable and this c***s constant inclusion will be a major reason we go down.

Shelvey would have been gone had he not played flawlessly with Diame on the back end of the first season back with Rafa and was getting some calls to be in the England team. I think it ultimately led to Merino thinking he had to leave, unfortunately.

Shelvey would have been gone had he not played flawlessly with Diame on the back end of the first season back with Rafa and was getting some calls to be in the England team. I think it ultimately led to Merino thinking he had to leave, unfortunately.

Never understood why when we were safe Rafa never brought Merino back for final few games. If I remember correctly he didn’t even bring him off the bench, think that’s what tipped Merino in favour of going back to Spain. Whilst I’d take Rafa back in a heartbeat in the current situation, he also had a few blind spots like most managers.

Can’t believe how casual the whole squad is TBH, it’s like relegation isn’t a thing.

Probably due to the lack of relegation clauses. Doubt too many players in relegation battles genuinely care about their clubs going down, taking a big pay cut though...

Thankfully, our lot don’t have those stresses. :rolleyes: