C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Just now, Nine said:

In terms of hate and how much they affected my love of the game/interest in NUFC it goes 

1 Bruce

2 Pardew

3 Souness

4 McLaren

5 Kinnear/Carver 

6 Allardyce 

Kinnear and Carver go above McLaren for me, he was just shite, the other two were shit and utter cunts. Bruce just edges past Pardew for me.

Just now, HTT II said:

Kinnear and Carver go above McLaren for me, he was just shite, the other two were shit and utter cunts. Bruce just edges past Pardew for me.

I put those two twats a place below as at least they delivered some comedy value

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Pardew had the likes of Cabaye, Hatem, Tiote, Debuchy, Colo, Sissoko, Perez, Remy, Cisse, Colback etc

As well as a bunch of other players who, under a different manager, might have had better careers here.

It was an excellent squad and in my opinion it should have been top 6 on a regular basis. 

32 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Pardew had the likes of Cabaye, Hatem, Tiote, Debuchy, Colo, Sissoko, Perez, Remy, Cisse, Colback etc

As well as a bunch of other players who, under a different manager, might have had better careers here.

dbigbird-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-

He's one of the worst managers we've had. I remember at the time we finished 5th someone on here posted that this was as good as it was ever going to get. We all knew it deep down. Then the excuses ramped up and he started actively offering our better players to anyone and everyone during post match interviews. Insane. We literally drove the value of a lot of players down, resulting in receiving 5-10 mil less for some of them, then refused to pay an extra couple of mil for one or two. Cabaye went for 18 mil, Ba went for 7.5 mil, we let Nolan go for next to nowt, Barton on a free. We replaced them with Jack Colback, Emmanuel Riviere and Siem de Jong...

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I agree like, time usually turns monsters like Alan Pardew and Ted Bundy into cult heroes.

Pardew is worse than Bundy for me.

41 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I'd put Carver higher. Calling out the fans for a fight :lol::lol::lol:

Kinnear was definitely a low point but at least that appointment was seen as a joke by everyone involved in football. Did provide the classic talksport interview as well. Like it was almost a sketch, just a constant reel of lies about himself and what appeared to be a deliberate attempt to butcher every name he mentioned. Then there was his own catchphrases like 'water off a ducks arse'. We were a Premier League club that basically hired someone's pissed grandad from a social club. 

Wasn't Pardew getting paid commission or something for players we sold whilst he was here? Carr was pulling out quality signings on a budget and he was either ruining them or actively trying to sell them to other clubs in the press. Was like some sort of slimy apprentice salesman in his post match interviews, it was bizzare. There's a whole list of reasons why he should be the most hated out of the Ashley era managers though to be fair. Bruce being the obvious second. 

In reality we all should have checked out when Kinnear was given the job. I still feel like that was a 'Diana' moment, I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. It was that funny (except the joke was on us).

Pardew made me hate him, hate the club and possibly hate football. He definitely made me want the club to lose for the first time. And second, third, fourth...

For Carver, see Kinnear.

I had nothing left to get angry about by the time Bruce got here. 

Just now, elbee909 said:

I remember being in Newcastle when I heard that Souness was appointed. Grumbling to myself as I walked to Netto. 

I was in a greasy spoon in Nottingham when the radio announced Keegan’s resignation. The fella behind the counter nigh soiled himself as I leapt up and ran to the counter to get a better listen. 

Pardew was unbearable, and while Chris had possibly taken us as far as he would,the way he was sacked and replaced left me feeling sick with pardew from the start. To think he got an 8 year contract as well for his performance is insanity.

Pardew and the snake oil bravado draws the hatred every time. Bruce was awful but ultimately an wilfully ignorant oaf. Pardew wore the Suits the glasses, had the morinho books on the shelf, loved the limelight but none of the scepticism. Had Ashley convinced of his methods. Vile enabler.

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

To be fair he came 5th, 16th which was offset by Europa League Quarter final , 10th and then left us in about 9th halfway through the season , he might have been a complete wanker but he didn’t no anywhere  near as bad for us as people make out , especially considering where we have finished since. Bruce , Carver , Mcclaren all did a far worse job than Pardew did for us . Benitez got lauded for finishing 10th and 12th.

You obviously did not watch any of the matches if that's the conclusion you're drawing. Tell me the gameplan, and how he instructed our players to use the ball when in possession. The 5th position was a fluke that relied solely on the sheer individual brilliance of several players, notably Cissé who for 4 months could not miss, in spite of Pardew.