C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

7 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I’ve written a lot of words on here about Pardew over the years, and I could write loads more but I’ll save everyone from having to read it.

Suffice to say that when he was appointed I was football obsessed and by the time he left I hated the game, and my club, and eventually spent a few years paying absolutely no attention to it at all.

This. All I will ever remember this absolute fraud for is he made me so disillusioned with where our club was going, it was the first time I actively wanted us to lose games. Even Bruce didn't manage that.

The thing that keeps Pardew at the top of the list is it genuinely felt like he'd NEVER leave. Even Bruce was gonna get sacked eventually. If Palace never came in for him, he'd 100 percent still be here now.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

The thing that keeps Pardew at the top of the list is it genuinely felt like he'd NEVER leave. Even Bruce was gonna get sacked eventually. If Palace never came in for him, he'd 100 percent still be here now.

What game was that with the 'he's here forever' post of the decade? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Probably one of those fucking infuriating Cisse game savers.

Was it against Hull under Steve Bruce when we came back from 2-0 down? I was there, it was absolutely soul destroying. :lol:

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Was it against Hull under Steve Bruce when we came back from 2-0 down? I was there, it was absolutely soul destroying. :lol:

I thought it was during that League Cup run we went on, and he beat Man City to get to a quarter final? Infuriating :lol:

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2022 at 12:00, HawK said:

You obviously did not watch any of the matches if that's the conclusion you're drawing. Tell me the gameplan, and how he instructed our players to use the ball when in possession. The 5th position was a fluke that relied solely on the sheer individual brilliance of several players, notably Cissé who for 4 months could not miss, in spite of Pardew.

Not to mention the horrifically tepid season the usual "Top 6 tm" had that year. 

On the subject of Pardew it looks like the fanbase for the most part are looking back really fondly on his time. The same people who at the time won't have been happy at all, Welsh town banner 2014 comes to mind 

Anyone who looks back fondly on Pardew is insane, the guy was a snake from day one, constantly talking us down and the fans down to make life easier for Ashley. He was also a fucking terrible manager and had massive ego, especially considering his non-existent abilities. Fucking hate him 

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Anyone who looks back fondly on Pardew is insane, the guy was a snake from day one, constantly talking us down and the fans down to make life easier for Ashley. He was also a fucking terrible manager and had massive ego, especially considering his non-existent abilities. Fucking hate him 

To be fair looking back fondly on his time isn’t the same as looking back fondly on him. We had some great moments then, especially with that 5th place finish. I look back fondly on that year of course and then some fun nights in Europe. 

FWIW there was a load of filth in there but maybe he got something right also to help us do so well that year (having a great team and Liverpool and Chelsea being poor were the main reasons mind). Also when he left we were midtable and then almost got relegated under the best coach in the league and did the following year. 

Edited by St. Maximin

On 08/02/2022 at 15:29, Mike said:

The thing I’ll never forget is his lip licking ability.

Edited by RodneyCisse

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People acted like he was the worst manager ever at the time. 

then we hired SMC and Bruce and gained a little perspective.  

It wasn’t just the fact he was a bad manager, he ripped the last remnants of NUFC’s soul out of the club when he was here

Pardew speaks positively about the club now, as he knows that he was lucky to manage a club of this size and he never will manage in the PL again. He could've perpetuated the bollocks that Souness et al come out with in the media in England but he doesn't, so through gritted teeth fair play to him for that.

Shame he couldn't do it when he actually had the job. "Can't compete with Swansea and Southampton", the belitting of expectations, talking in post match interviews as if we're thick. I won't forgive him for that, and certainly won't forgive his convincing of Ashley and some fans that being in the Europa League was a bad thing to cover his own arse and failings in 2012-13. "Thank god we're not in Europe". Wanker.