C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Guest neesy111

When managers do well over 1 season, you have to back it up.u  Quite a few examples of managers have 1 season wonders despite being poor managers.

While we looked good in parts in that season, there were plenty of games we won despite hanging on for dear life at the same time.  Best thing he did was probably fostering team spirit that season.

That video was two minutes and twenty seconds of excuses. Standard. 

Goes without saying any Newcastle fan looking back on his time fondly is utterly clueless and it's their breed who enabled Ashley to stick around for so long. 

With everything good that is happening, it's easy to forget that - during the worst of it - I felt as detached from the wider fanbase as much as I did the rest of the club. Probably one of the reasons why I'm still not fully back (to the levels I was when growing up) and dare say I never will be. 

26 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Goes without saying any Newcastle fan looking back on his time fondly is utterly clueless and it's their breed who enabled Ashley to stick around for so long. 

With everything good that is happening, it's easy to forget that - during the worst of it - I felt as detached from the wider fanbase as much as I did the rest of the club. Probably one of the reasons why I'm still not fully back (to the levels I was when growing up) and dare say I never will be. 

Fair play to you for being able to listen to him for that long. I'll be happy if I never his his voice again.

1 hour ago, LV said:

5th despite Pardew, not because of 

These things are easy to say, but he was the manager then so you can’t just take all that away from him and it’s how managers are judged ultimately. 

When you look at the bigger picture and the other three years though you can judge his overall performance much better. He’s still a bad manager as we’ve seen at his other clubs and a personality to match also. 

Still, there’s nothing wrong with looking back fondly on his time here. 

Edited by St. Maximin

Guest HTT II

That 5th place season. He inherited a team with great spirit, had the luxury of some purples and was bailed out time and time again by individuals doing their magic. The football in large was dreadful. No Cisse and we finish mid-table probably. He was, is and always will be a spawny cunt. 

I can admit that during the 5th placed season, I did not hate Pardew. Looking back on his entire time here though? Nah, fuck him. 5th or not. We lost Ben Arfa because of him.

Edited by Kaizero

55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Great post. Can only shake my head at the idea of history being re-revised (good guy, to shithead, to good guy) on him. The future was clear enough under him early on. Stole a squad, lucked out, successfully gaslit half a generation. All those who played the game and called loyal servants 'greedy cunts', and tucked their tales between their legs and accepted the idea of being outmuscled by Southampton and Leicester.

If anyone wants to look back fondly at that time, look back at Graham Carr. A competent manager (and ownership) would've led to a very different decade from 2011 onwards.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Great post. Can only shake my head at the idea of history being re-revised (good guy, to shithead, to good guy) on him. The future was clear enough under him early on. Stole a squad, lucked out, successfully gaslit half a generation. All those who played the game and called loyal servants 'greedy cunts', and tucked their tales between their legs and accepted the idea of being outmuscled by Southampton and Leicester.

If anyone wants to look back fondly at that time, look back at Graham Carr. A competent manager (and ownership) would've led to a very different decade from 2011 onwards.

Just had a flashback and remembered my profile pic dates back to these days and IanW talking about people being negative cats...

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Just had a flashback and remembered my profile pic dates back to these days and IanW talking about people being negative cats...

Bingo :lol:

38 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

These things are easy to say, but he was the manager then so you can’t just take all that away from him and it’s how managers are judged ultimately. 

When you look at the bigger picture and the other three years though you can judge his overall performance much better. He’s still a bad manager as we’ve seen at his other clubs and a personality to match also. 

Still, there’s nothing wrong with looking back fondly on his time here. 

I can. And I have.

He did fuck all and he’s getting nowt from me. 

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Get in the sea 

He finished 5th with Mike fucking Williamson as a starting CB. James Perch. Jonas. Danny Guthrie as our third schoice CM. Ryan Taylor LB. Obertan. A Danny Simpson who shit himself every time he crosse the half way line.

We had som good players too, but to miss out on CL on the final day was a fantastic achievement with that squad.

I feel like he has to get some credit for the season at 5th (though on evidence he clearly got lucky to a large extent), I reckon there was something about him that made him adept at riding the wave of positivity generated early in the season. But he was obviously shit most of the time - but the big thing about Pardew was what he was to Mike Ashley. Dedicating the win to him etc ffs - he was a junior partner of Ashley's in hollowing out the club. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

5 hours ago, LV said:

I can. And I have.

He did fuck all and he’s getting nowt from me. 

Fair enough [emoji38]

He’s a knob and a crap manager but they can still get things right from time to time. His overall record shows his limitations though.

The HBA handling criticism I find interesting also, as I was fuming at it but tbf Pardew is hardly alone there. The player seems to fall out with everyone who manages him… at some point the player might be part of the problem :lol:

Edited by St. Maximin

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Thanks for getting pumped six nowt at home Alan x

Those few weeks where we lost 6-0 and 3-0 at home to Liverpool and Sunderland was approaching the most pathetic I remember our club being - not just the scores but the gutless way it happened. By the time we lost our 4th in a row to the mackems (1-0 Johnson at home) and the crowd just grumbled off home I was prob at my lowest ever point - I couldn't believe the apathy.

6 hours ago, The Butcher said:

He finished 5th with Mike fucking Williamson as a starting CB. James Perch. Jonas. Danny Guthrie as our third schoice CM. Ryan Taylor LB. Obertan. A Danny Simpson who shit himself every time he crosse the half way line.

We had som good players too, but to miss out on CL on the final day was a fantastic achievement with that squad.

Was nowt to do with him. He couldn’t even give a half time team talk.

Another fraud.