Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

His champions league record.

He's in a premier league relegation battle now, not the champions league.

Not to mention he looks nowhere near match fit. No problem with him getting longer as a impact sub and building up sharpness but it would be a mistake to start him on sunday in my opinion.

How could you judge the match fitness of a player who has barely been given a 10 min spell over 90 mins where he might not even see the ball during that time?

McClaren had already said that he was way off match fitness and its a known fact that he hadn't played for a lengthy period of time.

People are again missing the point that I am making though which is not the one that I think he looks poor, and not match fit, but rather that I wouldn't start him on sunday due to the size of and the meaning of the game.

I know some will disagree but Mitro would be my choice for starting up top. His hold up play and link up play, especially at home is vital to how we play.

Yes it is and we play s*** 95% of the time

So us playing shit is purely down to Mitro? Is that what you're saying?

Not to mention he looks nowhere near match fit. No problem with him getting longer as a impact sub and building up sharpness but it would be a mistake to start him on sunday in my opinion.

How could you judge the match fitness of a player who has barely been given a 10 min spell over 90 mins where he might not even see the ball during that time?

McClaren had already said that he was way off match fitness and its a known fact that he hadn't played for a lengthy period of time.

People are again missing the point that I am making though which is not the one that I think he looks poor, and not match fit, but rather that I wouldn't start him on sunday due to the size of and the meaning of the game.

I know some will disagree but Mitro would be my choice for starting up top. His hold up play and link up play, especially at home is vital to how we play.

So us playing shit is purely down to Mitro? Is that what you're saying?

Where did you get that from?

So us playing s*** is purely down to Mitro? Is that what you're saying?

And where in that does it say its purely down to Mitrovic?

Well the fact that i've clearly pointed out that our play is built around Mitrovic and you have responded by claiming its shit would indicate that you can't rate him very highly.

Or am i wrong?

Well the fact that i've clearly pointed out that our play is built around Mitrovic and you have responded by claiming its shit would indicate that you can't rate him very highly.

Or am i wrong?

I don't rate him very highly but that's a completely different question to the one you originally asked

Mitro will probably be a good PL cf when he's 25. The fact is he's 21 and we need goals.

I won't criticise a 21 year old for not quite being good enough yet, I'll criticise the people who thought he would be.

Mitro will probably be a good PL cf when he's 25. The fact is he's 21 and we need goals.

I won't criticise a 21 year old for not quite being good enough yet, I'll criticise the people who thought he would be.

In 2/3 years he'll be decent and by that I mean 10/12 goals a season and good hold up play. The 5 or so he's missed this season will go in and his all round play will improve. I don't see him as a Tier One striker ever, mainly because he lacks pace, seems ungainly and is an average finisher. Clearly been bought as a sell on and suddenly lumbered with all the pressure of a relegation battle has done his state of mind no good at all.

How shit our strikers have been all season and yet people happily write this geezer off without a start or even a half. Laughable.

He rarely trained at Roma btw because he didn't want to - just played games. Probably why when he arrived we were shocked at his fitness.

He didn't train because he didn't want to?  :lol: :lol:

:lol: True dat.

We basically bought a bloke who said he was unhappy at Roma scored 2 in 13 in Serie A, wanted to go back to Russia on loan, didn't train properly and fans complained that he didn't warm up either when he came on.  :laugh:

He avoids excess activity. This might run counter to his chosen profession as a footballer.  :razz: