General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Is there a team we've played more times in cup competition in recent times than Blackburn Rovers? Think I can think of five times since 1998.

My first Newcastle game was 3rd round FA cup tie v Blackburn in 1995 and that went to a replay

We'll finish lower mid-table again, no doubt about it. Too much individual talent in the side to really struggle. ASM is obviously very explosive, Hayden does a great deal off the ball, Shelvey goes through purple patches, Lascelles is a good leader and Dubravka is obviously a very good goalkeeper. Then you've got the new additions which will probably add something. Would anticipate a carbon copy of last season tbh. At least one period of two or three consecutive wins, as well as plenty minging stretches of form that are interspersed with the odd victory and useful draw to ensure we stay out of trouble. If the manager conspires to overseeing a genuine relegation battle, he ought to be ashamed of himself.

We'll finish lower mid-table again, no doubt about it. Too much individual talent in the side to really struggle. ASM is obviously very explosive, Hayden does a great deal off the ball, Shelvey goes through purple patches, Lascelles is a good leader and Dubravka is obviously a very good goalkeeper. Then you've got the new additions which will probably add something. Would anticipate a carbon copy of last season tbh. At least one period of two or three consecutive wins, as well as plenty minging stretches of form that are interspersed with the odd victory and useful draw to ensure we stay out of trouble. If the manager conspires to overseeing a genuine relegation battle, he ought to be ashamed of himself.

wildly optimistic imo, if we stay up comfortably i think it'll be like last season with the bottom 3-4 being godawful rather than us being good

we don't create or score enough and i'm really not convinced the players we've signed will rectify that enough...CM is pretty much as bad as it's been for the last few years unless hendrick turns out to be amazing

can bacon go through a patch like last season where he was riding rafa's defensive organisation and stealing wins he didn't deserve?  i'd be amazed if so

preseason has been a disgusting shambles, dubs is injured, which suggests we might struggle from the off

I think we'll go down. We had the lowest xG of any team in any major European league last season. Stats don't count for everything but it's almost miraculous we finished as high as we did considering how few chances we create.

Now that the inherited defensive solidity has warn off to nick a few wins we we will really struggle. Especially with Dubravka starting the season injured.

Guest neesy111

I think we'll go down. We had the lowest xG of any team in any major European league last season. Stats don't count for everything but it's almost miraculous we finished as high as we did considering how few chances we create.

Now that the inherited defensive solidity has warn off to nick a few wins we we will really struggle. Especially with Dubravka starting the season injured.

Yeap, we were extremely good at set pieces last season which I can't see happening again.  Also we haven't rectified anything in CM, so we'll not be retaining possession or gaining any control in midfield.

The stats from last season suggest we’ll go close to relegation, but you can’t help feel these signings are enough to squeak over the line. Hard to say, depends how bad everyone else is, depends how many we lose when Dub is out, depends if Wilson stays fit and scores.

The stats from last season suggest we’ll go close to relegation, but you can’t help feel these signings are enough to squeak over the line. Hard to say, depends how bad everyone else is, depends how many we lose when Dub is out, depends if Wilson stays fit and scores.

Probably keeps us above WBA & Fulham. Sheff Utd are the team I think might drop with them if it’s not us.

Whilst the signings are welcome and make a refreshing change people are getting tad over excited about them.

Remember we have Bruceasaurus in charge with his injury prone training regime and archaic tactics

I don't think we're excited, we just expected nothing.

So, assuming Lewis comes in, and that's us done. We once again have too many players to register.

Matty Longstaff once again doesn't count due to age.

So that leaves 25 spaces for

Dubravka

Gillespie

Darlow

Manquillo

Yedlin

Krafth

Schar

Lejeune

Lascelles

Fernandez

Clark

Dummett

Lewis

Hayden

Saivet

Shelvey

Barlaser

S.Longstaff

Hendrick

Ritchie

Fraser

Murphy

Atsu

Almiron

ASM

Gayle

Wilson

Carroll

Muto

Joelinton

5 of those, by my maths, have to miss out. So who would you leave out?

Personally I'd go

Muto

Atsu

Krafth

Saivet

Gayle (won't be able to play till the next registration window anyway)

What do others think?