General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So, assuming Lewis comes in, and that's us done. We once again have too many players to register.

Matty Longstaff once again doesn't count due to age.

So that leaves 25 spaces for

Dubravka

Gillespie

Darlow

Manquillo

Yedlin

Krafth

Schar

Lejeune

Lascelles

Fernandez

Clark

Dummett

Lewis

Hayden

Saivet

Shelvey

Barlaser

S.Longstaff

Hendrick

Ritchie

Fraser

Murphy

Atsu

Almiron

ASM

Gayle

Wilson

Carroll

Muto

Joelinton

5 of those, by my maths, have to miss out. So who would you leave out?

Personally I'd go

Muto

Atsu

Krafth

Saivet

Gayle (won't be able to play till the next registration window anyway)

What do others think?

It’s astonishing that we have 30 professional footballers on the books and struggle so very hard to cobble a decent Premier League XI together...

So, assuming Lewis comes in, and that's us done. We once again have too many players to register.

Dubravka

Gillespie

Darlow

Manquillo

Yedlin

Krafth

Schar

Lejeune

Lascelles

Fernandez

Clark

Dummett

Lewis

Hayden

Saivet

Shelvey

Barlaser

S.Longstaff

Hendrick

Ritchie

Fraser

Murphy

Atsu

Almiron

ASM

Gayle

Wilson

Carroll

Muto

Joelinton

Personally I'd go

Muto

Atsu

Krafth

Saivet

What do others think?

barlaser won't count will he?

7 players highlighted there that we need to be aggressively looking to shift imo, probably will be one of lejeune/schar unless bacon gets another CB

Dubravka

Gillespie

Darlow

Manquillo

Yedlin

Krafth

Schar

Lejeune

Lascelles

Fernandez

Clark

Dummett

Lewis

Hayden

Saivet

Shelvey

Barlaser

S.Longstaff

Hendrick

Ritchie

Fraser

Murphy

Atsu

Almiron

ASM

Gayle

Wilson

Carroll

Muto

Joelinton

Personally I'd go

Muto

Atsu

Krafth

Saivet

What do others think?

barlaser won't count will he?

7 players highlighted there that we need to be aggressively looking to shift imo, probably will be one of lejeune/schar unless bacon gets another CB

He's 23.

Saivet, Murphy, Lazaar, Aarons, Barlaser weren’t here last season so won’t be here this season either.

Gayle loses his spot due to injury.

Then with two midfielders coming in, Atsu is going to be the fall guy.

Dubravka

Gillespie

Darlow

Manquillo

Yedlin

Krafth

Schar

Lejeune

Lascelles

Fernandez

Clark

Dummett

Lewis

Hayden

Saivet

Shelvey

Barlaser

S.Longstaff

Hendrick

Ritchie

Fraser

Murphy

Atsu

Almiron

ASM

Gayle

Wilson

Carroll

Muto

Joelinton

Room for one more on top.

Surely Murphy and Barlaser go out on loan. Saivet and Muto either loan or drop from squad if they can't be shifted. Then you only need to cut 1 more. Easy choice is probably Gayle if he is out for 4 months, on the basis you can bring him back to the squad when fit again in January. We're also carrying 3 RBs which made sense when we didn't have a proper backup LB last season (especially given Manquillo is versatile) but seems unnecessary now we have both Lewis and Dummett.

Given the links to another striker and a CB, I assume we'll drop Gayle to take us to 25, offload a RB to take us to 24, offload one of CBs Bruce doesn't fancy (Schar or Lejeune) to take us to 23 and then go back up to 25 with the new striker and CB.

Yedlin, Saivet, Muto, Aarons, Ritchie and Murphy should be moved on.  Lejuene probably doesn't have a spot either.

Way too much deadwood.

Not just you who has said it, but don't understand the idea of dropping Ritchie from the squad? Our out and out wingers are ASM, Fraser, Ritchie and Atsu (and Murphy, although I don't think he's shown anything to suggest he can make it here). Ritchie is miles better than Atsu ever has been. I'd be game for selling Ritchie and investing in a younger, better winger (fat chance of that though) but dropping him from the squad would potentially mean Atsu is your starting winger for chunks of the season if ASM pulled his hamstring again - and a winger short if ASM and Fraser got injured at the same time (we've had worse luck).

Its a shame Lejeune is now considered deadwood, as if it was not for the injuries he'd be our best CB by a mile.

I also personally think Ritchie should be kept as he's a leader in the dressing room and given we're going to be in a relegation battle this season, we'll need players like that, he can also do a dependable job in a few positions, he's perfect for a backup imo.

Great read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8709203/Bjorn-Kristensen-Denmark-great-taken-pre-Euro-92-phone-call-seriously.html

Love this bit. :lol:

Pingel scored just one goal for Newcastle and returned to Denmark after an unhappy six months.

‘The local newspaper was harsh on him. But I couldn’t tell him, it would make him so angry. He would say, “Here is my name, what does it say about me?”. I would say, “Ah, yes, you played okay, getting better all the time”. It actually said he was c**p!’

Great read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8709203/Bjorn-Kristensen-Denmark-great-taken-pre-Euro-92-phone-call-seriously.html

Love this bit. :lol:

Pingel scored just one goal for Newcastle and returned to Denmark after an unhappy six months.

‘The local newspaper was harsh on him. But I couldn’t tell him, it would make him so angry. He would say, “Here is my name, what does it say about me?”. I would say, “Ah, yes, you played okay, getting better all the time”. It actually said he was c**p!’

Would never have recognised him. Loved Benny.

Not sure where else to put this post.

So when/if we have everyone fit, who will play?

I think 3 of the 4 new signings are a given to start.

But what about the Longstaffs etc..

Also not sure what’s happening with Shelvey but if he’s staying and not injured he has to be a starter surely?

As much as I love Miggy, I think he’ll be more useful as an impact sub (at least to start with), I like what I’ve seen of Sean Longstaff in an advanced role, the physicality is going to give teams problems.

Hayden gets the nod on what we know so far, Hendrick might be the better player but he’ll have to show that when he gets a chance.

This would be my starting line up.. which would obviously revert to 4-5-1 when we don’t have the ball.

5f58a434b17ea.jpg

The midfield is the weak link for sure.

The thing with Shelvey is that he just doesn’t track back effectively, he tries.. but he doesn’t have the mind set to tackle in the way that Hayden does. Hendrick might be the answer there but who do you drop? Leave out Shelvey and the creativity takes a hit.