General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest HTT II
42 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Why does it require an eleven minute statement from someone like him who it has nothing to do with? :lol:

For da attention innit 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/01/premier-league-snub-government-offer-set-quarantine-camp-st/

English clubs were on Wednesday night in serious danger of being punished by Fifa over the club-versus-country crisis after Mexico, Paraguay and Chile asked it to sanction them for refusing to release players for this month’s World Cup qualifiers.

Newcastle United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Watford and Blackburn Rovers were all facing action for blocking Miguel Almiron (Paraguay), Raul Jimenez (Mexico), Francisco Sierralta and Ben Brereton (both Chile), respectively, from travelling to games in countries on the UK’s coronavirus red list.

Unless the four clubs strike a deal with the relevant national associations for their players to remain in the UK, Fifa regulations state they will be banned from fielding them for five days after the current international window.

Telegraph Sport can reveal the world governing body has written to each team and the Football Association to inform them of the regulations, which it has no option but to enforce.

As of Wednesday night, Fifa had yet to receive a similar requests for sanctions from Brazil over the non-release of Alisson, Fabinho, Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Ederson, Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Thiago Silva (Chelsea), Fred (Manchester United), Richarlison (Everton) and Raphinha (Leeds United) for their own qualifiers.

58 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Good on them for trying, but do we really need ANOTHER protest group? Can we not just have one big one?

Too many egos who would never admit that their idea wasn't the best ever

Spiltters!

Edited by gjohnson
Humor

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Too many egos who would never admit that their idea wasn't the best ever

Spiltters!

I make this comment in jest, but it really is like watching the Life of Brian so many groups all ultimately after the same thing but the ones in charge have to try and make it about them breaking the news or forcing change

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Yep. Strongly worded letter going out about the incorrect wattage bulb fitted in store cupboard lower east stand. 

In all seriousness are they even attending? I've seen nothing of them promoting it or suggesting they'd have anyone in attendance. That said i probably don't follow all of the board on twitter since the changes, so i could easy have missed it. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

In all seriousness are they even attending? I've seen nothing of them promoting it or suggesting they'd have anyone in attendance. That said i probably don't follow all of the board on twitter since the changes, so i could easy have missed it. 

I heard they’ve checked out the venue to make sure their PAT testing is up to date and they have an adequate food hygiene rating.

13 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I heard they’ve checked out the venue to make sure their PAT testing is up to date and they have an adequate food hygiene rating.

Looks like they did attend, but didn't publicise the meeting. Be interesting to see what happens next. 

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Game was 33 years ago today funnily enough. A season that would turn to shit. 3 home wins, bottom, relegated.

Great, that.

Yep, three league wins and one of those was under Colin Suggett.  Will never understand how we were so shit and yet still managed to take 4 points off Liverpool.

There's a thing on Sky Sports News now (probably been repeated throughout the day) where they're showing the Brighton women's team being introduced to their Elite Football Performance Centre (training ground) that they'll be sharing with the men's team and it just looks amazing. It's been said a million times before about the tragic state of NUFC's facilities but seeing a club like Brighton (absolutely no disrespect intended) have a complex that's on a different scale is sobering and such a graphic portrayal of how neglected this club has been and how rapidly it continues to decline relative to other clubs in the league. 

Not that long ago we were in the Champions League playing against Barcelona, Juventus et al whilst Brighton were in whatever league without a stadium, renting some council pitch on an athletics track. 

They weren't shown but I reckon even their wheelie bins are a lot nicer too. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, number37 said:

Not that long ago we were in the Champions League playing against Barcelona, Juventus et al whilst Brighton were in whatever league without a stadium, renting some council pitch on an athletics track. 

That's almost 20 years ago now, that's a huge time ago in football terms.

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, number37 said:

I know, it just seems like yesterday when I witnessed Andy Griffin's wonderstrike against Juventus. 

:okay:

Sorry :(