General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Bit different welcoming someone half the way around the world and making an effort than someone 100 miles up the road who… and correct me if I’m wrong… don’t walk around everyday if any day in kilts. When did you last visit Scotland? 🙂

It's just so false, man. That's my issue with it. Everything they do has an ulterior motive, otherwise what's the need to document it on socials?

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

It's just so false, man. That's my issue with it. Everything they do has an ulterior motive, otherwise what's the need to document it on socials?

The thinking behind it is this guy has been a long time NUFC fan and also member of their show for the last 2 years or more. So it was good PR for the club and I also believe for the guy himself as the publicity helped him get a ticket for the Brighton game. They are eating in a friend of his house I believe who has offered to cook for them all as they were reunited and between the two of them have provided Wraith etc some official attire which they’ve worn out of respect. Looks like the friend/host has videoed it as probably feeling quite proud about it all.

What people forget is Wraith’s main income is largely based on self publicity with a huge attachment of that aligned with NUFC. So when we do it it’s irrelevant apart from you might get a few more friend requests or followers depending on who’ve you’ve tagged so you would question why. Whereas he is expanding his audience and therefore monetary reach.

Speaking of who’ve you’ve tagged did you not notice the post in the Games section for you? 🙂

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Athletic claiming nearly 40 million has been put in just for "day to day running costs" 

How can we suddenly need 40 million to just to keep day to day operations going. Did Ashley literally clean out everything? 

Without context it’s hard to know 

17 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Athletic claiming nearly 40 million has been put in just for "day to day running costs" 

How can we suddenly need 40 million to just to keep day to day operations going. Did Ashley literally clean out everything? 

Charnley’s had the heating on full belt for the last 4 years.

19 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I imagine the cleaning and decorating bill has been sizeable

22 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

This is why I said in another thread we'll find out just how a state MA left the club.  Who knows how bad it actually got and how demoralizing for the employees who still held on.  

30 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Well yes, it's well known that he stripped everything to the bone.

Given the state Ashley left you could probably have run St James on £20-30 per week 

Depends how long this 40m has to last.....a week, a year?

36 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Without knowing any context, I guess it doesn't necessarily mean the £40m was needed.

6 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Will just be the pot.. making sure it doesn't dry up as much as it probably was.

Getting managers under Ashley was proper grim

Kinnear - 4 years out of football, last sacked at the bottom of the Championship

Pardew - last sacked in League One

Bruce - sacked in Championship, recently taken over a lower Championship club

McClaren - last sacked in Championship

On 08/11/2021 at 01:57, Inferior Acuña said:

Getting managers under Ashley was proper grim

Kinnear - 4 years out of football, last sacked at the bottom of the Championship

Pardew - last sacked in League One

Bruce - sacked in Championship, recently taken over a lower Championship club

McClaren - last sacked in Championship

Eddie Howe - leaves a Championship club

:milner: