General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 07/11/2021 at 09:53, TheGuv said:

I really don’t get this Saudi lad craic?

Wasn't he a Man Utd fan before the takeover? 

Alwaleed or whatever his name is - yes. Used to support Man Utd and admitted it on a previous podcast, then started supporting us around the same time all the legal action started.

7 hours ago, joeyt said:

Something about Jake Humphrey I don't like. Seems a bit try hard with our fans at times

Although he did recognise our struggles under Ashley which most pundits didn't

know what you mean. I’m glad he’s around and we’ve needed him at times to push back against narratives, but sometimes but the way he cozies up to us sometimes is a little nauseating. Wouldn’t say I dislike him but I would have more respect if he was a bit more objective. Is he like this with fans of all clubs?

Thanks very much for the comments, always good to get feedback. I haven’t tried to promote the site yet as I wanted to get more content up but looks like I have let the cat out the bag. I used to have a site called toonarama so I still have loads of that to upload and my aim is to have a diary for every season one day. Not sure whether I will ever get there though. 

9 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Thanks very much for the comments, always good to get feedback. I haven’t tried to promote the site yet as I wanted to get more content up but looks like I have let the cat out the bag. I used to have a site called toonarama so I still have loads of that to upload and my aim is to have a diary for every season one day. Not sure whether I will ever get there though. 

Is it quite new then? I found it by chance the other day when I was doing a bit of Fairs Cup research and couldn't believe that this incredible resource was just sat there. Again, fair play, it's a brilliant website. 

24 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

I remember that site, kudos to you, again, it’s a brilliant resource and with human emotion put into it rather than just the usual facts and stats only, love it!

37 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Also it seems to take an age to load…

I’ll need to look at that - is it every page or just the first page you load or just some? The website is from a template and there is quite a lot of unnecessary things loading that I never use so might look at removing some of them

Just now, Toontimes said:

I’ll need to look at that - is it every page or just the first page you load or just some? The website is from a template and there is quite a lot of unnecessary things loading that I never use so might look at removing some of them

Mostly every page, might just be my internet connection though.

52 minutes ago, kisearch said:

The only slight tweak I would suggest from what I've seen is to have the final league table included in the season summaries. Aside from that the amount of detail you've included is excellent. 

Yes I think that is a very good idea and will look to incorporate them soon

Just now, HTT II said:

Mostly every page, might just be my internet connection though.

Thank you - I still think I need to try and remove some of the stuff I don’t need. I might try on the home page later and then could I ask you to try loading it again to see if it makes a difference. I’ll post a new reply when I have had time to do it.