General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 18/11/2021 at 12:16, TheGuv said:

Quite a weird thought when you put it like that. 

Also, on that note, we're now on the longest streak in NUFC history of not reaching a Cup Final. From videos and photos I've seen the '74 cup final was a huge deal and that was 19 years of waiting, again the '98 cup final looked amazing (atmosphere wise) and that was then our longest streak. God knows what it'll be like when we finally reach a cup final again.

Previous streaks:

1999-2022+ (23 years and counting)

1976-1998 (22 years)

1932-1951 (19 years)

1955-1974 (19 years)

1892-1905 (13 years)

1911-1924 (13 years)

1924-1932 (8 years)

1952-1955 (3 years)

1974-1976 (2 years)

1908-1910 (2 years)

Just being pedantic but don't think you should count the war years when there was no FA Cup

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Speaking of songs, I hope E-i-e-i-e-i-o makes a return at some point. Have we ever sang it for a manager that wasn't Keegan? Vaguely remember maybe singing it during the Pardew era :icon_puke_l:

Sir Bobby!

My son has just found out my great uncle is on the war memorial at the rememberance garden at SJP as he died during the war as an ex player. I knew of him and but didn't know he was there. Going  to have to take a trip up and get a picture of it. 

Nice little family moment that, properly made my dad's day as well that the boy found out about it. 🥰

20 hours ago, Scoot said:

Wow, we're upgrading things? 

Was wondering why they'd need a fitness room at the stadium,. but wonder if the plan is either to train at the stadium more often, and as such this room is for those are maybe doing physio? But also, maybe this is getting ready for training ground redevelopment/development when they cant train there?

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

.com's advent calendar looks like it'll be a good one this year. The ground looks barely recognisable as SJP in day 1. Random temporary blue seats at the Gallowgate, had no idea they were ever a thing. 

https://www.nufc.com/advent2021/advent2021.html

That YouTube link at the bottom is brilliant.  Juvenile whoppers whenever television camera appears really is a timeless delight, nee blue dildos in those days though. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

.com's advent calendar looks like it'll be a good one this year. The ground looks barely recognisable as SJP in day 1. Random temporary blue seats at the Gallowgate, had no idea they were ever a thing. 

https://www.nufc.com/advent2021/advent2021.html

That's the Leazes End.  They were put there when the West Stand was demolished and the Milburn Stand was being built between (I think) 1987 and 1989.

Edited by Sima

On 25/11/2021 at 13:46, TK-421 said:

Was wondering why they'd need a fitness room at the stadium,. but wonder if the plan is either to train at the stadium more often, and as such this room is for those are maybe doing physio? But also, maybe this is getting ready for training ground redevelopment/development when they cant train there?

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Nice to see they’ve got a couple of ice baths in there

Scrimping on the wheelie bins for office bins…

16 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Is it me or anyone else a little concerned?

This looks unfinished? Cable from the tv , fake grass looks like a kid from the street has laid it , random plastic bins , etc 

I am not getting the richest club in the world vibe from anything we have done so far ?

January window talk seems like (loans etc) which to be honest might be fair enough given our predicament 

The time it took to get Eddie Howe , plus backroom staff (rumours of tight negotiations)

The new fitness room looks half decent but nothing spectacular, especially if it’s long term (eg 3 or 4 years) 

Sports direct advertising still up - we could buy out the contract if mega rich ?? 
peanuts in the grand scheme of things 

I am all for being financially sensible , and to be fair I have no issues with any of the above but I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a massive / crazy rich club spending money left right and centre 

I get the feeling that the 50 million per transfer window is correct and we will no doubt push up the league , but when 1 player (eg Jack grealish) costa 100 million , we won’t be challenging at the top end.

Ps - I am not one of these people that want us to go crazy or spend hundreds of millions , all I have ever wanted is Ashley gone and us to show ambition 

I just don’t get the vibe we will be this mega spending / title challenging monster competing with Man City in 5-10 years 

Obviously time will tell but it’s just the feeling I get from the early things we see and hear from various media outlets 

An example of this would be the manager search  (we could of sacked Bruce on day 1  - if money was no object) brought in Ten Hag for example , if we wanted to show a sign of intent and to make it known we are the number 1 club 

Yes - we don’t want to throw money away - but you know what I mean ! 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Is it me or anyone else a little concerned?

This looks unfinished? Cable from the tv , fake grass looks like a kid from the street has laid it , random plastic bins , etc 

I am not getting the richest club in the world vibe from anything we have done so far ?

January window talk seems like (loans etc) which to be honest might be fair enough given our predicament 

The time it took to get Eddie Howe , plus backroom staff (rumours of tight negotiations)

The new fitness room looks half decent but nothing spectacular, especially if it’s long term (eg 3 or 4 years) 

Sports direct advertising still up - we could buy out the contract if mega rich ?? 
peanuts in the grand scheme of things 

I am all for being financially sensible , and to be fair I have no issues with any of the above but I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a massive / crazy rich club spending money left right and centre 

I get the feeling that the 50 million per transfer window is correct and we will no doubt push up the league , but when 1 player (eg Jack grealish) costa 100 million , we won’t be challenging at the top end.

Ps - I am not one of these people that want us to go crazy or spend hundreds of millions , all I have ever wanted is Ashley gone and us to show ambition 

I just don’t get the vibe we will be this mega spending / title challenging monster competing with Man City in 5-10 years 

Obviously time will tell but it’s just the feeling I get from the early things we see and hear from various media outlets 

An example of this would be the manager search  (we could of sacked Bruce on day 1  - if money was no object) brought in Ten Hag for example , if we wanted to show a sign of intent and to make it known we are the number 1 club 

Yes - we don’t want to throw money away - but you know what I mean ! 

I’m hoping this is just a temporary ‘fix’ because I’ve seen better warm down/up/match preparation rooms at kids’ grassroots’ level.