General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Is it me or anyone else a little concerned?

This looks unfinished? Cable from the tv , fake grass looks like a kid from the street has laid it , random plastic bins , etc 

I am not getting the richest club in the world vibe from anything we have done so far ?

January window talk seems like (loans etc) which to be honest might be fair enough given our predicament 

The time it took to get Eddie Howe , plus backroom staff (rumours of tight negotiations)

The new fitness room looks half decent but nothing spectacular, especially if it’s long term (eg 3 or 4 years) 

Sports direct advertising still up - we could buy out the contract if mega rich ?? 
peanuts in the grand scheme of things 

I am all for being financially sensible , and to be fair I have no issues with any of the above but I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a massive / crazy rich club spending money left right and centre 

I get the feeling that the 50 million per transfer window is correct and we will no doubt push up the league , but when 1 player (eg Jack grealish) costa 100 million , we won’t be challenging at the top end.

Ps - I am not one of these people that want us to go crazy or spend hundreds of millions , all I have ever wanted is Ashley gone and us to show ambition 

I just don’t get the vibe we will be this mega spending / title challenging monster competing with Man City in 5-10 years 

Obviously time will tell but it’s just the feeling I get from the early things we see and hear from various media outlets 

An example of this would be the manager search  (we could of sacked Bruce on day 1  - if money was no object) brought in Ten Hag for example , if we wanted to show a sign of intent and to make it known we are the number 1 club 

Yes - we don’t want to throw money away - but you know what I mean ! 

Ps - I shouldn’t of said concerned , but I don’t get the money is no object vibe , which is fair enough 

RE SD signs, I’m told Ashley has a clause that allows them to stay up until the club have new sponsors on board, whether that’s stadium naming rights, shirt sponsors or just a new corporate partner who knows.

9 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Agreed 

SAFC’s academy down deep in their academy centre have a room for their development kids basically which is like a mini 5–a-side pitch, a gymnasium, a warm up/down area and a discotheque which is all interlinked altogether for use which pisses all over what those photos show of our recent new development.

Edited by HTT II

15 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Is it me or anyone else a little concerned?

This looks unfinished? Cable from the tv , fake grass looks like a kid from the street has laid it , random plastic bins , etc 

I am not getting the richest club in the world vibe from anything we have done so far ?

January window talk seems like (loans etc) which to be honest might be fair enough given our predicament 

The time it took to get Eddie Howe , plus backroom staff (rumours of tight negotiations)

The new fitness room looks half decent but nothing spectacular, especially if it’s long term (eg 3 or 4 years) 

Sports direct advertising still up - we could buy out the contract if mega rich ?? 
peanuts in the grand scheme of things 

I am all for being financially sensible , and to be fair I have no issues with any of the above but I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a massive / crazy rich club spending money left right and centre 

I get the feeling that the 50 million per transfer window is correct and we will no doubt push up the league , but when 1 player (eg Jack grealish) costa 100 million , we won’t be challenging at the top end.

Ps - I am not one of these people that want us to go crazy or spend hundreds of millions , all I have ever wanted is Ashley gone and us to show ambition 

I just don’t get the vibe we will be this mega spending / title challenging monster competing with Man City in 5-10 years 

Obviously time will tell but it’s just the feeling I get from the early things we see and hear from various media outlets 

An example of this would be the manager search  (we could of sacked Bruce on day 1  - if money was no object) brought in Ten Hag for example , if we wanted to show a sign of intent and to make it known we are the number 1 club 

Yes - we don’t want to throw money away - but you know what I mean ! 

I agree somewhat. We just don’t have the evidence yet of them spunking millions all over the place and won’t really know what their intentions are until at least the end of Jan.

I’ve said all along though that I don’t think they’ll spend way big in the jan transfer window. 50 - 70 mil maybe and that’s even if they can get people to come.

The message from Amanda and Mehrdad from the start was ‘slow and steady’. It’s possible that’ll be their mantra going forward too.

It’s still early days yet though, we just don’t have the evidence yet to know what the future may hold in terms of their spending. 

If we chucked £200m at the January transfer window, it would just be money thrown away. We'll be paying over the odds on players and wages to get them here. Loans and promising players is the way to go for this campaign, maybe save the big signings for the summer when we can see where we are. 

Just now, TRon said:

If we chucked £200m at the January transfer window, it would just be money thrown away. We'll be paying over the odds on players and wages to get them here. Loans and promising players is the way to go for this campaign, maybe save the big signings for the summer when we can see where we are. 

We are better off paying say way over the odds for someone like Ward-Prowse than signing 2 players for the same money who will be mercenaries or we’ll lose money on eventually.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

We are better off paying say way over the odds for someone like Ward-Prowse than signing 2 players for the same money who will be mercenaries or we’ll lose money on eventually.

I think getting that calibre of players will be unlikely given Southampton might well be down there with us. Also persuading them to come here when we could be well adrift at the bottom of the table. 

Some motor racing guy on sky covering the Saudi GP asked a senior PIF bloke about Newcastle.  Bought as a long term project but the ambition is to be world class.   Must be bloody long term 

Just now, TRon said:

I think getting that calibre of players will be unlikely given Southampton might well be down there with us. Also persuading them to come here when we could be well adrift at the bottom of the table. 

Aye sadly, but if we are looking at players I’d rather we throw whatever money we can at players like that. Say he was worth 30m, I’d throw 50m at them.

How much of an improvement could the club theoretically make to facilities mid-season? Genuine question btw; not saying above opinions on not seeing ambition are wrong.

I just figured most of the club's facilities are so far behind the times that mid-season would only allow for a somewhat pointless, surface-level spruce up before having the time in the summer to tear things up and start again.

Can't remember - is there a winter break this season? Could be an interesting gauge as to whether they plough through some work that would've otherwise gotten in the way.

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye sadly, but if we are looking at players I’d rather we throw whatever money we can at players like that. Say he was worth 30m, I’d throw 50m at them.

Either way it’s going to be interesting to see how things pan out , it’s nice to have some hope back regardless. 

We will still need to spend a lot of money to compete with the best (if that’s the intention) so we will soon find out if we have real ambition or not.

Its nice to be looking forward to transfer windows and being linked with decent players.

Cherry on the top if we can get a few in !

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

How much of an improvement could the club theoretically make to facilities mid-season? Genuine question btw; not saying above opinions on not seeing ambition are wrong.

I just figured most of the club's facilities are so far behind the times that mid-season would only allow for a somewhat pointless, surface-level spruce up before having the time in the summer to tear things up and start again.

Can't remember - is there a winter break this season? Could be an interesting gauge as to whether they plough through some work that would've otherwise gotten in the way.

True, and I’m hoping this is just a temp fix which I’m sure it will be!

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

No winter break - that’s next year (World Cup)

as you say - maybe there is only so much you can do as a short term fix 

it just looks a little slap dash that’s all 

don’t know what I was expecting to be honest - maybe asking for to much 

Everything will have a budget.

it’s just a feeling I get (probably because of Ashley) that we won’t get good things ! 

On the SD signs and Sponsorship, I know AS mentioned end of November for signs potentially coming down and new sponsors, but wasn't the PL linked party ban thingy extended to early December (seem to remember 4th being mentioned)?

So perhaps things are ready to go, subject to that?

Also on the warm up/down room, it does look a short term measure and quickly knocked up, and maybe something Howe as asked for as the club was clearly so behind the times it didn't even have such a facility for the players.

Edited by TK-421

I’m longing for the comfort blanket days of Ashley and Bruce. All this worry about what our new owners aren’t doing is bliddy terrible. Putting me right off my titty milk 

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

On the SD signs and Sponsorship, I know AS mentioned end of November for signs potentially coming down and new sponsors, but wasn't the PL linked party ban thingy extended to early December (seem to remember 4th being mentioned)?

So perhaps things are ready to go, subject to that?

Also on the warm up/down room, it does look a short term measure and quickly knocked up, and maybe something Howe as asked for as the club was clearly so behind the times it didn't even have such a facility for the players.

Linked party sponsorship ban has been arbitrarily extended until end of Jan (I think!)

Was originally supposed to be end of November.

Amanda said they hoped to have new sponsorship deals announced by end of November ‘depending on the Premier League’

So yep, the PL and other PL clubs are the problem here.