General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

14 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

It's till the middle of December but they pretty much admitted it'll keep being extended until something permanent is put in place. We aren't going to be allowed to get any new deals done. 

The ban is in place but I am sure we can still get deals done (but they have to be at market value? ) 

If not - it surely has to break competition law ??

It could be argued our market value is up there with the top clubs now we are super rich and will have more exposure / generate more interest ??

31 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

It's till the middle of December but they pretty much admitted it'll keep being extended until something permanent is put in place. We aren't going to be allowed to get any new deals done. 

cheers

i was sure I saw they’d extended it by over a month.

But yeah as usual they’ll keep kicking the can down the road in an attempt to get the outcome they want 

On 01/12/2021 at 12:42, deejeck said:

That YouTube link at the bottom is brilliant.  Juvenile whoppers whenever television camera appears really is a timeless delight, nee blue dildos in those days though. 

Great vid. Loved the interview with Milburn.

Guest neesy111

Tbf, for just warm up its fine.  Mind, if they are wanting to get fit from those bikes then I have a better setup with my road bike and smart trainer.

7 hours ago, HTT II said:

SAFC’s academy down deep in their academy centre have a room for their development kids basically which is like a mini 5–a-side pitch, a gymnasium, a warm up/down area and a discotheque which is all interlinked altogether for use which pisses all over what those photos show of our recent new development.

:D

Mid season introducing something basic which we never even had to start with.

It screams temporary measure and people should really treat it as such.

Not sure I can be arsed to lose my shit over some artificial grass and an exercise bike. If it serves a purpose in the short term then happy days.

If it exists in a couple years time then yeah, it would look poor and I'm sure by then some more telling issues will have been outed. 

38 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Not even 2 months in and folk are complaining. Some of you will never be pleased :lol:

No some are fucking mental, deluded and give us a bad name .

Not that I care but ye nar

Out of interest, what would people do with our keeper situation in January? Personally would sell Darlow & Gillespie, and keep Woodman as backup for the second half of the season as understudy learning from Dubravka. Then if we go down, should Dubs want to leave Woodman would be a ready made backup. Even if Woodman was ropey when he was playing earlier this season, but he was no worse then Darlow and is much younger and has more potential. 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest, what would people do with our keeper situation in January? Personally would sell Darlow & Gillespie, and keep Woodman as backup for the second half of the season as understudy learning from Dubravka. Then if we go down, should Dubs want to leave Woodman would be a ready made backup. Even if Woodman was ropey when he was playing earlier this season, but he was no worse then Darlow and is much younger and has more potential. 

None of them are good enough. I'd sell them all and buy 2 keepers who can fight it out. But considering the work in other areas I'd probably go with your plan but we're a very likely injury away from woodman for the rest of the season and with how injury prone Dubs is that scares me.

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

None of them are good enough. I'd sell them all and buy 2 keepers who can fight it out. But considering the work in other areas I'd probably go with your plan but we're a very likely injury away from woodman for the rest of the season and with how injury prone Dubs is that scares me.

Dubs is more then good enough imo, would personally put him in the top 10 keepers in the league, but like you said its his injury record that's the issue with him. Woodman still has potential, but is currently at the level of Darlow and Gillespie with is utter pap.

Just now, 54 said:

Dubs is more then good enough imo, would personally put him in the top 10 keepers in the league, but like you said its his injury record that's the issue with him. Woodman still has potential, but is currently at the level of Darlow and Gillespie with is utter pap.

I take in to consideration injuries when being good enough (rightly or wrongly) ability alone he's good enough for the next year or so.

Just now, Dokko said:

I take in to consideration injuries when being good enough (rightly or wrongly) ability alone he's good enough for the next year or so.

Yeah, that fair, he's at the sort of level where he's good for the short to medium term, but then you'd look to move him on.

If I'm being honest, there's not a single player in the squad that is good enough for beyond the short to medium term, and I'd want to be here in 3/4 seasons time.

On 03/12/2021 at 10:36, 54 said:

Darlow is terrible but Woodman is worse.