General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 04/12/2021 at 18:03, ManDoon said:

Was speaking to a really sound bloke at Dunston today, said he used to do the buses for NUFC games for about 20 years, only missed one game. Was part of the “cockney mafia out banner” Jacked it in under Ashley’s tenure. Wondered if any of the older heads on here knew him? 

Also was cool to hear someone echo the forums views irl. Said we’d changed as a fan base, and an empty stadium would have worked, and we didn’t do enough as fans. So I think we can safely say that it exists out side the forum, I doubt I’ve met a bigger fan of NUFC than this guy. Really sound bloke 

Keith Barrett?

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

What was your favourite ever Newcastle goal not scored at SJP?

For being there live, I'd say HBA's at Everton.  Just in general, it would be between Martins against Spurs or Cisse at Stamford Bridge. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Had long ish hair, big guy,  very sound,

actually probably see him again at Shields on Saturday so I’ll ask him. Hasn’t been to SJP for years is only at non league now he said 

Will probably be Keith used to sit near him in East Stand for years. Got banned after a run in at Hull away, shame was black and white through and through went everywhere during the Keegan years.

Keith used to regularly start the east stand gallowgate wing off with a ditty on match days. We are the Geordie boys and Warren Barton centre parting we’re a couple.

Sad that a lot of real die hards we’re sickened so much from the Ashley regime that they probably won’t ever return.

Good to know he’s still knocking about though.

Edited by Whitley mag

I used to go on Keith's legendary trips too. Remember going to Zurich with them via Manchester. Game was Thurs night and didn't get back until Saturday morning after stopping for a lock in at Knottingley. There was hardly a bigger fan when he was going. Maybe John Alder (The undertaker) God rest his soul. Was talking to Keith when he was delivering to my work in his lorry a few years back. He was saying how he didn't even watch nufc on tele anymore and was a regular at South Shields which surprised me given how it's very split territory. Hadn't realised he was from there originally.

On 06/12/2021 at 20:44, Scoreboard82 said:

I used to go on Keith's legendary trips too. Remember going to Zurich with them via Manchester. Game was Thurs night and didn't get back until Saturday morning after stopping for a lock in at Knottingley. There was hardly a bigger fan when he was going. Maybe John Alder (The undertaker) God rest his soul. Was talking to Keith when he was delivering to my work in his lorry a few years back. He was saying how he didn't even watch nufc on tele anymore and was a regular at South Shields which surprised me given how it's very split territory. Hadn't realised he was from there originally.

Keith is a brilliant bloke - I did some trips on his bus but I used to go on Billy Swift's (R.I.P) bus - would be great to see Keith back at SJP again!