General NUFC stuff

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

None of them are good enough. I'd sell them all and buy 2 keepers who can fight it out. But considering the work in other areas I'd probably go with your plan but we're a very likely injury away from woodman for the rest of the season and with how injury prone Dubs is that scares me.

Dubs is more then good enough imo, would personally put him in the top 10 keepers in the league, but like you said its his injury record that's the issue with him. Woodman still has potential, but is currently at the level of Darlow and Gillespie with is utter pap.

Just now, 54 said:

Dubs is more then good enough imo, would personally put him in the top 10 keepers in the league, but like you said its his injury record that's the issue with him. Woodman still has potential, but is currently at the level of Darlow and Gillespie with is utter pap.

I take in to consideration injuries when being good enough (rightly or wrongly) ability alone he's good enough for the next year or so.

Just now, Dokko said:

I take in to consideration injuries when being good enough (rightly or wrongly) ability alone he's good enough for the next year or so.

Yeah, that fair, he's at the sort of level where he's good for the short to medium term, but then you'd look to move him on.

If I'm being honest, there's not a single player in the squad that is good enough for beyond the short to medium term, and I'd want to be here in 3/4 seasons time.

Was speaking to a really sound bloke at Dunston today, said he used to do the buses for NUFC games for about 20 years, only missed one game. Was part of the “cockney mafia out banner” Jacked it in under Ashley’s tenure. Wondered if any of the older heads on here knew him? 

Also was cool to hear someone echo the forums views irl. Said we’d changed as a fan base, and an empty stadium would have worked, and we didn’t do enough as fans. So I think we can safely say that it exists out side the forum, I doubt I’ve met a bigger fan of NUFC than this guy. Really sound bloke 

On 03/12/2021 at 10:36, 54 said:

Out of interest, what would people do with our keeper situation in January? Personally would sell Darlow & Gillespie, and keep Woodman as backup for the second half of the season as understudy learning from Dubravka. Then if we go down, should Dubs want to leave Woodman would be a ready made backup. Even if Woodman was ropey when he was playing earlier this season, but he was no worse then Darlow and is much younger and has more potential. 

Darlow is terrible but Woodman is worse. 

On 04/12/2021 at 18:03, ManDoon said:

Was speaking to a really sound bloke at Dunston today, said he used to do the buses for NUFC games for about 20 years, only missed one game. Was part of the “cockney mafia out banner” Jacked it in under Ashley’s tenure. Wondered if any of the older heads on here knew him? 

Also was cool to hear someone echo the forums views irl. Said we’d changed as a fan base, and an empty stadium would have worked, and we didn’t do enough as fans. So I think we can safely say that it exists out side the forum, I doubt I’ve met a bigger fan of NUFC than this guy. Really sound bloke 

Keith Barrett?

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Had long ish hair, big guy,  very sound,

actually probably see him again at Shields on Saturday so I’ll ask him. Hasn’t been to SJP for years is only at non league now he said 

Will probably be Keith used to sit near him in East Stand for years. Got banned after a run in at Hull away, shame was black and white through and through went everywhere during the Keegan years.