General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

Nobby v Leeds still gives me goosebumps but this one is easily one of my favorites.

Guessing the last minute winner one.  He scored a cracking one in a 1-0 win at Elland Road as well.

Nobby v Leeds still gives me goosebumps but this one is easily one of my favorites.

Guessing the last minute winner one.  He scored a cracking one in a 1-0 win at Elland Road as well.

Yeah the last minute winner one - they had that match on Setanta PPV here in the US. :smitten:

just rewatched that goal too - so in search of that last minute winner Bellamy barely wins the ball back at center circle and Dyer takes it and breaks forward against what looks like a handful of Leeds players...only Solano is making a run forward and Dyer plays him a perfect through ball and Solano slots it home. Peak Dyer that, so good at carrying that ball.

Solano's celebration in front of the away end, calmly pointing to the badge and just cool as ever.

One of the best away days, 3-1 down to a really good Leeds side and having the character to come back, that after winning at 3-1 at Arsenal a few days earlier. Feels a million miles away from what we are now.

Was absolute carnage in the away end when Nobby scored, we ended up about 10 rows away from our seats hugging strangers. To cap it off we saw Nobby in the Vineyard that night, bought him a bottle of red to say thank you. Nicest bloke you could ever meet. What a fucking day.

Cordone was my fav player when I was younger for a little while

Wonder how his managerial career is going after that video a few months ago.

He was a funny one. Started great, was in and around the first team the first-half of the season when we were hovering around the top 8 then was rarely seen second half of the season. When Shearer got injured he seemed to prefer Gallacher and Ameobi until Cort was fit again. I wonder if maybe Bobby just trusted a more senior head in Gallacher to pair with the novice. Bassedas was fit second half of the season too and seemed to nail down the left-midfield position.

Really enjoyed the Olivier Bernard interview in The Athletic, with a really good anecdote about SBR and Laurent Robert

Aye. Larry Robert seemed a very difficult character lol.  You can see how years later played would refuse to play. It was building up to that.  Robert threatened that away to Arsenal. Came off the bench scored and won a penalty. 

Wonder what the lowest number of players is that you can link from today, back to 1892 Guessing it might get difficult getting team sheets the further back you go. Only going to count single spells (so for example, couldn't link Beardsley 1997 to McDermott 1983 to Moncur 1974) because otherwise it'd be easier and it's my game and rules.

So for example (I've not looked to see if these are right or anything...)

Lascelles & Coloccini (2016)

Coloccini & Milner (2008)

Milner & Shearer (2004)

Shearer & Srnicek (1996)

and so on...