General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, gdm said:

Anyone listened to the chronicle history of nufc podcast? 2 episodes so far quite a decent listen 

Cheers for the heads up. :thup:  None of the usual suspects in site by the looks of it so I'm looking forward to giving that a listen. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Who does it?

The guy Matt ketchell,  Newcastle fan who used to do the match of the day magazine and club historian Paul joannou

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who does it?

Chronicled: The History of NUFC is a weekly series on our Everything Is Black and White Podcast platform co-hosted by Matt Ketchell and the club's official historian Paul Joannou

On 05/06/2021 at 10:34, craigmadge said:

Picked up this print last week by artybianco, came in yesterday and its ace

https://artybianco.co.uk/products/newcastle-united-legends-squad-print

NUFCFinalWM_1944x.jpg?v=1620940304

it is brilliant, only moan I would have is the lack of players from the 50s and earlier. I might have missed him (as couldn’t pick him out when I looked - be better seeing a much larger print mind), but couldn’t see Len White who scored 153 goals for the club and my mother who went to all the games and got my brother and I season tickets with her as soon as we were the right age to go (my dad was in the merchant navy and away 10 months of the year as most fans would be introduced by their father) said that he was outstanding. Also would argue a few are not really worthy of being included (just me being fussy probably). Fabulous effort though especially recreating the memorable moments associated with a few players.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Collage said:

Bought my 5 year old his first "team" shirt this week*. His mum and grandad are both Liverpool fans, so I'm making sure he has to go through the same pain that I've had to. Not a chance he's getting away with a lifetime of enjoyment, fuck that. Newcastle it is.

*Retro obviously. Not giving Ashley a penny.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Bought my 5 year old his first "team" shirt this week*. His mum and grandad are both Liverpool fans, so I'm making sure he has to go through the same pain that I've had to. Not a chance he's getting away with a lifetime of enjoyment, fuck that. Newcastle it is.

*Retro obviously. Not giving Ashley a penny.

It’s different if you’re a Geordie of course. I’m a dirty foreigner who just happened to fall in love with this club. It’s mostly brought me misery and there’s no way I’ll encourage my kids to be NUFC fans.

Just now, Collage said:

It’s different if you’re a Geordie of course. I’m a dirty foreigner who just happened to fall in love with this club. It’s mostly brought me misery and there’s no way I’ll encourage my kids to be NUFC fans.

I'm not a Geordie either. Closest premiership team to me is Leeds.