General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So both swiching to no 4 then?

Didn't see that coming...😉

Give the whole squad no 4.

The lad who had it last season didn't get many minutes on the pitch. Must be making up for that now.

14 hours ago, number37 said:

It was such an incredible atmosphere, that moment seemed to unite us all. Definitely one of the loudest noises I'd experienced at the ground but then I spent the next ten minutes shitting it because I was just certain he was going to score. 

Yeah I was fuckin terrified he was going to score. Imagine man :lol:

Brilliant as it goes though, so glad he got to come back for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this. I’m from Airdrie and one of first Newcastle players from history I found out about was Hughie Gallagher. As I’ve said a few times he has a street named after him in airdrie as does Frank Brennan who played for both Airdrie & Newcastle 

PA2g8ls.jpgLTIlXTX.jpg

Edited by gdm

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Found this. I’m from Airdrie one of first Newcastle players from history I found out about was Hughie Gallagher. As I’ve said a few times he has a street named after him in airdrie as does Frank Brennan who played for both Airdrie & Newcastle 

PA2g8ls.jpgLTIlXTX.jpg

My NUFC hero :love:

It was 3.71 last year, so there's an improvement! I had a look on Facebook and looks like the mainstream justification is because we expect too much therefore are never happy with staying up which is "where you should be" (football is about challenging limits and overcoming barriers so there's no such thing as a place to belong) 

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

The Beatles have split up.

Ah is that old news?  I did check the relevant threads and could t see anything. The Swiss ramble have a big Twitter thread about them.

Edited by Broadsword

League Cup Round 2 draw is tonight. Not that I give a fuck but the draw is regionalised and we're in the Northern section. A certain lot down the round got past their 1st round tie so they'll be in it with us. Not that I fear them, but I have no faith the bacon monster managing us can pull a side together to beat that mob if we get drawn against them. 

Edited by nufcjb

Thought this might be the best place to ask this question as it’s been nagging at me for a while now. 

Why are we so bad at organising protests and mobilising when the club is clearly in the doldrums? Man United organised not only a storming of the training ground but a mass protest at the ground that ultimately got a game postponed and their message was televised all over the world - Im

not condoning that sort of action but you have to admire the speed and precision in which it was planned and acted out. What have we done in relation to both Ashley’s mismanagement and the Premier Leagues blatant attempt to pull the ladder up? Absolutely fuck all. A couple of hundred down to london that barely made the news. For a so called passionate and loyal fan base we ain’t half shite at organising action. Is it apathy? Are we too split as a fan base to organise anything effective? Suggestions are most welcome.

Edited by BennyBlanco

It wasn't every Man U fan that protested it was a hard core few with the same agenda, we have the same at Newcastle however they gave up on Ashley years ago, the closest we have now is the away support.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

It wasn't every Man U fan that protested it was a hard core few with the same agenda, we have the same at Newcastle however they gave up on Ashley years ago, the closest we have now is the away support.

With respect I’d disagree there. There were literally tens of thousands of fans in the city protesting. It was way beyond your usual hundred or so hardcore element.

Thing is, we aren't bad at organising protests at mobilising a movement.

We had two of the best in Sack Pardew and Ashley out, but a large section of the fans couldn't get behind it cause it affected their day out on the lash, and apparently the only way they can bond with their kids. The same kid that spends all the match on it's phone. 

Why continue organising protests when your fellow fans will give you abuse for doing something whilst they sit on their arse 'supporting the lads'.