Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Heard this mentalist on total sport?! Pearson better fit?

I've been hearing it a lot. 'He kept Liecester up last year', forgetting that he led them into a relegation battle to begin with where as now with only a few additions they are 10 games away from winning the league.

The John Carver school of salvation

Heard this mentalist on total sport?! Pearson better fit?

I've been hearing it a lot. 'He kept Liecester up last year', forgetting that he led them into a relegation battle to begin with where as now with only a few additions they are 10 games away from winning the league.

Wasn't that a Sunderland fan? To be fair the caller that was on after him put him in his place I think. How any Newcastle Fan could want a relegation manager ahead of a Champions League winner is completely fucking ridiculous. 10 years ago you'd not have heard a single person saying that.

Well done, good deal for both parties. Unexpected move but Newcastle United is a popular club in a big league. Now avoid that relegation and who knows, we may face again earlier than we all could predict a few months ago. Survive and I'm sure that with time and patience good things will come. I sincerely hope that you can find in him a long term plan to take the club to the next level. Playing for Europe every year should only be natural. Good luck.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair play to Rafa by the way, for believing in us as a club because although he doesn't exactly have his pick, he could do far better than us to be truthful. He was after all Real Madrid's manager most recently and with Guardiola leaving for City you might wonder whether Bayern would have looked at him... or Juventus if their manager leaves for Chelsea! All ifs and buts of course, but he is a massive coup.

Knowing what we already know about him and his work and speaking to a few LFC fans I keep in touch with who know their stuff, its all about the project with him, building something that leads to success. He's not in it for the money or to satisfy his ego, he wants to build a successful club, not just a team, but a club. He is very detailed and a workaholic. His preperation is second to none and tactically I regard hims as the best in world football.

If he has full control and is backed sufficiently in the transfer market I believe he can deliver a top 6 side and a trophy... providing we stay up of course.

He lost his way in his final year at Liverpool and the Inter job was strange, I think he wanted to get back to work straight away, always wanted to work in Italy and went for it. Poor judgement on his behalf as Mourinho had spent that particular force so to speak.

He won't deliver the Entertainers 3 and he will split the fans on some issues, but we will be much better off as a team. I alway thought individually his LFC team was average outside of Xabi, Gerrard and Torress for example but they went close to winning the league and of course won cups, the CL being the most notable.

Oh and he's a good bloke too, he donated £96K of his own money to the Hillsborough family!

The atmosphere at games is going to be so much better now.

They should be out of this world. Rafa is worth huge support because he has proved countless times he can bring you success.

I think the positive vibe and atmosphere will give another 10% on the pitch. I even think we might upset Leciester Monday evening.

Well done, good deal for both parties. Unexpected move but Newcastle United is a popular club in a big league. Now avoid that relegation and who knows, we may face again earlier than we all could predict a few months ago. Survive and I'm sure that with time and patience good things will come. I sincerely hope that you can find in him a long term plan to take the club to the next level. Playing for Europe every year should only be natural. Good luck.

Bruno's a good guy

Rafa moved Gerrard from cental midfield to behind the striker due to Gerrard not being great tactically and leaving too many gaps there.

We may very well see the same with Shelvey who actually played a more forward attacking midfield role coming up at Charlton. Think it would improve our midfield solidarity.

Someone start a Rafa tactics thread ...

Rafa moved Gerrard from cental midfield to behind the striker due to Gerrard not being great tactically and leaving too many gaps there.

We may very well see the same with Shelvey who actually played a more forward attacking midfield role coming up at Charlton. Think it would improve our midfield solidarity.

I'm hoping he won't put up with a non-existent central midfield like both his predecessors.

Fucking hell, this still hasn't sunk in

Exactly the same for me. There's no doubt how much my mood changed for the better today but the sheer magnitude of this will take a while to settle in.

A sad indictment of the last 10+ years I guess that it's THIS big a shock, but my word does the complete, overwhelming love for this football club just come flooding back with a vengeance at times like this.

The excruciating wait, anger and apathy of the last week almost feels worth it for today.

Guest Howaythetoon

with Guardiola leaving for City you might wonder whether Bayern would have looked at him...

Unlikely considering they have already signed Ancelotti.

Of all the managers in the world in terms of domestic, Europe and football style, he would be the ultimate manager I'd employ to lead my club, even ahead of Guardiola. That's a great appointment for Bayern.

Perhaps longer term Shelvey will be pushed forward but I think that is quite difficult to pull of this season where we have too many attacking midfielders and no one that can play well in central midfield other than Shelvey.

Having said that though, if he were to make a good box to box central midfielder out of Wij or Moussa that would be amazing.

Guest Howaythetoon

with Guardiola leaving for City you might wonder whether Bayern would have looked at him

:facepalm:

Pardon me for not being Mole_Toon/TCD and Brett Elliott all rolled into one RE European football.

I actually though Ancelotti was in charge of PSG...  :blush:

Perhaps longer term Shelvey will be pushed forward but I think that is quite difficult to pull of this season where we have too many attacking midfielders and no one that can play well in central midfield other than Shelvey.

Having said that though, if he were to make a good box to box central midfielder out of Wij or Moussa that would be amazing.

He tends to be play with two pivots, i'd be surprised to see any box to box players although our squad isn't suited to his system at all.