Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

You know he'll have been devising a plan all week to get something on Monday, no way did he just start thinking about it today.

This sort of thing unites a fan base. One of the worst things about the last few years for me is how estranged from my fellow NUFC fans I've felt. Now we can all unite in support of Rafa and get on with loving the club again as a collective. Who knows, if we stay up and Ashley keeps his promises we might even see the return of a lot of fans who had walked away from SJP for a while, and get a real atmosphere back. We've all seen it before, this club is a juggernaut once it gets rolling.

Aye but juggernauts crash big, we've seen it all before.

What's your point, Mick?

Everything turns to shit with us, it's the way it is. If this appointment had been made when Raffa left Madrird we would be comfortably mid table. As it is i suspect it's too late and he will be off to pastures new soon enough. I hope i'm wrong but this has been nearly a 50 year theme during my career as a Newcastle fan.

You know he'll have been devising a plan all week to get something on Monday, no way did he just start thinking about it today.

This sort of thing unites a fan base. One of the worst things about the last few years for me is how estranged from my fellow NUFC fans I've felt. Now we can all unite in support of Rafa and get on with loving the club again as a collective. Who knows, if we stay up and Ashley keeps his promises we might even see the return of a lot of fans who had walked away from SJP for a while, and get a real atmosphere back. We've all seen it before, this club is a juggernaut once it gets rolling.

What's your point, Mick?

Everything turns to s*** with us, it's the way it is. If this appointment had been made when Raffa left Madrird we would be comfortably mid table. As it is i suspect it's too late and he will be off to pastures new soon enough. I hope i'm wrong but this has been nearly a 50 year theme during my career as a Newcastle fan.

Better late than never.

Whatever happens from now till the end of the season, we have arguably given ourselves the best opportunity with this appointment.

Hadn't realised that Leicester were 7 pts adrift with 9 to play last season, and turned it around to win 7 of those games, and finished 14th.

That's not an advocation of Pearson, but simply to show that a team seemingly cut adrift, only going one way can turn it around.

As has been said, all these managers with 'relegation experience' usually have that experience for a reason.

This appointment has given everyone a lift - the fans, the city and hopefully most important of all, the players.

Hopfully they can respond to him, and I believe we now have a much better chance of getting the points we need to stay up.

Absolutely love the excitement it's generated. Last night my whole family and girlfriend were like "Why are you so hyper?"[emoji38]walking round doing Jamaican accents just cause we were going to eat at Turtle Bay and generally being stupid. So glad we have him in charge. Fingers crossed it works.

Did you have a beer can sandwich?

just dont think its worth getting excited, ashley won't change.

besides, we are not going to get sexy football from Rafa.

dont get me wrong its the best appointment he made so far but that aint saying much.

Ashley already has changed, we've spent just under £80 million in a year and we've appointed our first manager on merit since Keegan came in.  As for sexy football, who gives a s***?  Surely the only thing we need is effective football and I'm sure we now have a very good chance of seeing that.

we are not going to be repeating that type of spending again anytime soon.  80 million for the other seasons that we spent naff all.  its not great.

dont get me wrong its the best appointment he made so far but that aint saying much.

Ashley already has changed, we've spent just under £80 million in a year and we've appointed our first manager on merit since Keegan came in.  As for sexy football, who gives a s***?  Surely the only thing we need is effective football and I'm sure we now have a very good chance of seeing that.

It's exactly the type of appointment we needed, I just wish he'd come in earlier at Christmas or after Chelsea. A solid performance at Leicester and beating the Mackems will go a long way to get the momentum swinging. Our game in hand v City with a rocking St James could be a corker too.

Interested to see who he plays and how he sets us up.

Absolutely love the excitement it's generated. Last night my whole family and girlfriend were like "Why are you so hyper?"[emoji38]walking round doing Jamaican accents just cause we were going to eat at Turtle Bay and generally being stupid. So glad we have him in charge. Fingers crossed it works.

Did you have a beer can sandwich?

[emoji38]

Aye. Think my Mam was sick of me calling her Dar-a-tee  too[emoji38]

What's your point, Mick?

Everything turns to s*** with us, it's the way it is. If this appointment had been made when Raffa left Madrird we would be comfortably mid table. As it is i suspect it's too late and he will be off to pastures new soon enough. I hope i'm wrong but this has been nearly a 50 year theme during my career as a Newcastle fan.

Better late than never.

Of course. If we stay up happy times lie ahead.

Deleted my forum account when i couldn't take much more of Pardew's torturing football and abuse of the fans. It was just mentally too draining as if there was just no light at the end of the tunnel..

Soon after Pardew's departure there was hope but Maclaren's appointment was just another disappointment.

Its so hard to love something and yet know its doing all wrong things against my principles. ( Ashley and gang)

I am now excited at the prospects of  the team again, i feel reinvigorated.

Finally we have a real manager and Rafa is a top notch manager.

Even if Moyes or Rogers were appointed i would have truely being happy, i am back on the wagon... :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

we are not going to be repeating that type of spending again anytime soon.  80 million for the other seasons that we spent naff all.  its not great.

We could easily spend that amount again if/when we stay up.

Don't know whether he has got enough time to save you from the drop.  I hope so.

Where have you been for two years? :lol:

Well we've hardly been a club relevant of his attention for 2+ years :lol:

We could easily spend that amount again if/when we stay up.

who says we cant.

that dont mean we will spend that amount

Don't know whether he has got enough time to save you from the drop.  I hope so.

Where have you been for two years? :lol:

Yeah, welcome back.

Your contributions were always interesting, whether I agreed with them or not.

I can't fucking believe this! I was smiling all through those interviews :D

Hell, I'm so happy I was actually thinking about doing some of that school work I've been postponing for ages  :kasper:

I can say with almost 100% certainty that we will invest heavily in the team this summer, if we stay up.

Thanks, Mike. Good to know we're back on track again.

Whether we stay up or go down, if Rafa is still here then the squad still gets a major overhaul, if we go down we'll need one to get back up and another so he can really start his project. If we stay up I expect a lot of change and with Rafa here we should be a more attractive proposition. If we can now say we've got the manager, infrastructure, money, fans and ambition to compete we are going to in a far better place than saying come to Newcastle and if you can stay interested for a couple of years then we'll try and make a profit on you and find you a bigger, proper, club.

We've had false dawns before but if Ashley has made this appointment and then fails to back it and reverts to type once the TV money is safe then there'll be open revolt, he'd have been better off keeping McClaren and hope for the best. Surely he's seen that his way doesn't work and that with a little bit of encouragement that the fans will unite behind the manager and a team that actually wants to compete. Given the fortune he has and the money the club brings in the finance needed is pretty small time for him.

It's the hope that kills.

Here's an omen for you

Rafa is our best managerial appointment since Sir Bobby

Sir Bobbys first game was away to a team in blue.....so is Rafas

Sir Bobbys first home game was against a team in stripes beginning with an S also in trouble at the bottom....so is Rafas

We all know the rest

Whether we stay up or go down, if Rafa is still here then the squad still gets a major overhaul, if we go down we'll need one to get back up and another so he can really start his project. If we stay up I expect a lot of change and with Rafa here we should be a more attractive proposition. If we can now say we've got the manager, infrastructure, money, fans and ambition to compete we are going to in a far better place than saying come to Newcastle and if you can stay interested for a couple of years then we'll try and make a profit on you and find you a bigger, proper, club.

We've had false dawns before but if Ashley has made this appointment and then fails to back it and reverts to type once the TV money is safe then there'll be open revolt, he'd have been better off keeping McClaren and hope for the best. Surely he's seen that his way doesn't work and that with a little bit of encouragement that the fans will unite behind the manager and a team that actually wants to compete. Given the fortune he has and the money the club brings in the finance needed is pretty small time for him.

It's the hope that kills.

It isn't the hope that kills it's having no hope that kills.