Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

There's no chance that Rafa is staying on beyond the end of this season in any case. Can't see it. Ashley wouldn't want to have to invest properly. He'll do to Benitez what he did to Shearer.

There's no chance that Rafa is staying on beyond the end of this season in any case. Can't see it. Ashley wouldn't want to have to invest properly. He'll do to Benitez what he did to Shearer.

Well that's cheered me up no end.

The tooth fairy's not real, it's just your parents.  Santa too, and they secretly resent all the money they spend on shit you'll only be interested in for 2 days.

Yep, Benny will give him a plan to go forward.  It will be looked at briefly then discarded.

I cant enjoy this to much since I am realistic and I "know" that he will leave when we go down after the season sadly.

That's what is killing the furtive hope.

Will always be found of this man no matter what happens.

He took on the job and tried, You can see the difference the man has made in such a short time.

Most decent managers would not touched us after the mess over the last few years..

Hope we can stay up but think it may be just too little too late..  sad to say..

Will always be found of this man no matter what happens.

He took on the job and gave it a go, You can see the difference the man has made in such a short time.

Most decent managers would not touched us after the mess over the last few years..

Hope we can stay up but think it may be just too little too late..  sad to say..

I cant enjoy this to much since I am realistic and I "know" that he will leave when we go down after the season sadly.

That's what is killing the furtive hope.

Defference between hope and dreams :D

He is doing everything that he can to keep us up, I have no doubt of that.

He is walking the team through every game, exerting so much energy on the touchline, tinkering with the players at his disposal, trying new things, trying to create a team from a bunch of misfits and all with only four games and a mountain to climb.

I respect the man a hell of a lot more for taking on the challenge, and if he fails it is simply because he was brought in too late.

If he'd came in earlier, we'd be safe by now IMO.

He is walking the team through every game, exerting so much energy on the touchline, tinkering with the players at his disposal, trying new things, trying to create a team from a bunch of misfits and all with only four games and a mountain to climb.

I respect the man a hell of a lot more for taking on the challenge, and if he fails it is simply because he was brought in too late.

Without an doubt.

Will be so crushed when / if he leaves.

Without an doubt.

Will be so crushed when / if he leaves.

Right now is the highpoint of the past 7 years for me. I will not be this happy again for another 7 when he goes.

Even though this is a relegation fight, make the most of having a very competent manager running the club as a Manager imo.

He was confident enough to take the job on in the first place as he saw the potential and he wants to work in England. Would he really view 1 year in the Championship (I'm assuming he'd be confident of getting us promotion at the first time of asking) as a deal breaker? He views us as a project over several years. Hopefully if we do get relegated he doesn't abandon that idea.

No, but it seems by far and away the most likely outcome.

I've done some complicated sums and worked out the chances of each option.

1. Relegated, he walks (90%)

2. Relegated, he wants to stay, Ashley gets rid (5%)

3. We stop up, Ashley pisses him off by listening to the footballing acumen of messrs Charnley & Moncur, he walks (4%)

4. We stop up, he stays, everyone is happy and we climb the league (1%)

Photo caption

Benitez has said he'll leave Newcastle if they go down, but he'd be well-placed to bring them back.

What, when?

Yeah, I noticed that. He hasn't said anything of the sort IIRC, at least not publicly.

He pointedly won't discuss it as he doesn't want to be seen even considering relegation. Confidence is everything.