Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez told BBC Newcastle: "We have to be disappointed when we lose, especially these kind of games when you're at the top against a good team and we didn't manage the pressure.

"We had three chances before the first chance they had and we didn't taken them, then we make mistakes and concede a goal. The second half we gave them the opportunity to play counter-attack.

"It is important when you can't score or create, don't give other teams the belief they can break They're a good team with experience in the league, they're well organised, we made the mistakes to give them the belief they could score."

He'll sort it. Games like tonight will give him more insight into the players and show him who is and whom isn't good enough to play for Newcastle United going forward hopefully into the Premier League.

A lot of these aren't good enough to take the next step and in our heart of hearts we know this already.

Guest neesy111

He'll sort it. Games like tonight will give him more insight into the players and show him who is and whom isn't good enough to play for Newcastle United going forward hopefully into the Premier League.

A lot of these aren't good enough to take the next step and in our heart of hearts we know this already.

We need a whole new team no matter what if we go up.

Sick of you, like.

Guest neesy111

Sick of you, like.

What kind of insult is that like?  Feeble.

Not sure why we played with such a low tempo, and resorted to long punts for a whole 30-40 minutes before Mitrovic arrived like.

All sides have off days but a lot of ours seem to be at home and he needs to sort that out.

Sick of you, like.

What kind of insult is that like?  Feeble.

:lol: I wouldn't insult you, Neesy. Your utter hogwash day after day is past tedious, though.

He needs to set up teams to attack and frighten teams in this division at home, i wouldn't have mind that team if we were playing away (with the exception of Colback i don't want him anywhere near the team) but the minute i saw the formation i knew we were in for a tight game.

I like that Rafa isn't going to change tactics after a defeat. He's not a reactionary prick like Pardew who would go 'we need more fret' after failing to score at home so he sets us up in a way completely new to the players and no cunt knows what they are doing. Rafa believes in his ways and his system, one that has us sitting top at Christmas, and he won't change it because of a few bad performances and results, he sees the bigger picture.

I'd play Yedlin and Atsu down the the right and Lazaar and Ritchie down the left.  Anita with Hayden in the middle. I'd also go with Mitro up top with Gayle off him, but Rafa won't do that. By doing my first suggestion though, you up the creativity many fold.

the colback/hayden combination should never be tried again.

if it needs to be played then need pace elswhere in the team so atsu and/or yedlin need to play.

Exacerbated by having Dummett and Gouffran to their left.

I'm disappointed that Lazarr hasn't featured yet. I thought he was really going to add something (he still might)

He's making this look hard. Should be running away with the league but instead we're in danger of gifting it to Brighton.

Last night was appalling, he should be ashamed of having his name against that show.

I am delighted to have Rafa as manager, our best since Sir Bobby (I know that isn't too much of a statement). But.......

I understand the way that he has the team set up, to control games and to see them through when we are winning, but, boy we are shite to watch. I have only enjoyed one performance this season, and that was v Birmingham. Not one other game have I left the ground thinking 'fucking hell, what a good game of football!', not one! Yes, we have played canny, but I was fortunate enough to be a season ticket holder in the Keegan days, when we were in the second tier, and we were fantastic. Now, we are predictable and boring, and that only comes from the manager. I hate the way the ball is played forever across the back four time and time again with no urgency to get the ball forward, I hate the way he doesn't have a plan B (see last night), and I hate the way he won't try a different formation, particularly at home, unless we are getting beat. I thought Sheff Wed were by far the better team last night, and if we have ambition to win the league, that shouldn't be happening.

The daft thing is, I wouldn't want any other manager, so I will have to put up with it. Yes, he his changing the whole club, and this is the transition period, and long term he may take us places, but his style of football leaves a lot to be desired in my eyes.

But he certainly isn't King Kevin, or Sir Bobby. I have been spoiled I suppose. I doubt anyone will look back to when Rafa took over in the way I/we do to when KK took over.