Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

based on assumptions...i reckon there will be realistically be around 20m net to spend on transfer fees and around 20m generated by a number of players leaving. So a total of 40m to spend on fees on incomings. the majority of the premier league TV money won't be in our account until once we've completed our first season back.

the club in its recent history has not (unless in extreme circumstance such as relegation) used credit or taken on extra debt when investing in the club so the idea of 50m, 100m spent this summer would be unexpected unless we get extra investment from another source. in 2010 the message was 'no capital outlay', i expect it to be similar until after we bank the money of the first season if we stay up in the first season. the conservatism of jan 2017 will continue until june next year.

i think rafa's will look at the next 3 years to get guarantees, rather than just next immediate season. by season 3 we should be competitive ££ to compete for top 8. at the moment our season in the championship has meant we are financially crippled to challenge the top 10 teams ££.

luckily rafa has proved he can get more out of some of the players we have and has experience in building a solid squad which hopefully should be able to stay up next year, despite there being a tight budget initially.

This is dreamland stuff - if Rafa ends up with this sort of kitty, he won't be here to spend it...some a---licking Pardalike will be doing it.

Rafa needs a MINIMUM outlay of 70m to keep the club in the PL - anything less is a relegation battle.

Didn't McClaren get like 50/60m? When we signed Wijnaldum and that. I expect Rafa to get that as a minimum.

maybe- but likely McClaren got and decided none of it- and thats the crux of what will happen.

It goes without saying that Rafa will walk if he doesn't have the final say on transfers. I was simply speculating on transfer kitty figures.

If McClaren got x amount, Rafa should get at least as much.

I don't know why people are speculating on how much he will or wont have to spend.

The one thing they are never going to reveal is how much they have to spend, as it will just affect prices.

I still disagree that a certain amount of money spent will point to a decent season, or a relegation battle - its all about who he can bring in, and not necessarily for crazy fees.

Think I might just sign off till the summer, and quit listening to Total Sport, as its turning into nowt but doom and gloom since promotion was secured!

So it seems my wedding speech made it on the internet on Monday night. My twatter notifications have been going mental since but I thought I'd share it on here anyway.

I have a very understanding wife.

Brilliant this mind

So it seems my wedding speech made it on the internet on Monday night. My twatter notifications have been going mental since but I thought I'd share it on here anyway.

:lol: fucking class man

Love this!

Also congratulations!

If the budget is £20 million plus whatever he makes then Rafa won't be here next season!

hate posts like this

So you think Rafa will stay if he's given only £20 million to spend?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb! Congrats mate!

If the budget is £20 million plus whatever he makes then Rafa won't be here next season!

hate posts like this

So you think Rafa will stay if he's given only £20 million to spend?  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I think there's more to it than than that. He might accept a structured build up of funds given the impact of relegation etc.

You've no fucking idea.

hate posts like this

So you think Rafa will stay if he's given only £20 million to spend?  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I think there's more to it than than that. He might accept a structured build up of funds given the impact of relegation etc.

You've no fucking idea.

I agree. He'll want significant funds, but he won't be unreasonable.  If he's promised enough funds to build a squad which can challenge at the top within two or three years he'll be happy with that. I doubt he's the type of manager who'll say I need to winning cups next season or I'm off.

hate posts like this

You've no fucking idea.

I agree. He'll want significant funds, but he won't be unreasonable.  If he's promised enough funds to build a squad which can challenge at the top within two or three years he'll be happy with that. I doubt he's the type of manager who'll say I need to winning cups next season or I'm off.

Correct, though everyone else seems to have a real insight into what Rafa will and will not do.

There's far more to it than the transfers and control, part of it is just lack of trust in the owner/manager relationship and the fact he lied before. There's probably more to it than that as well, it's never that simple when it comes to this sort of thing and it wasn't with Keegan either.

I don't know what sort of relationship Benitez has with Ashley, but if they don't speak much you would imagine seeing the owner sat next to Graham Carr in the stands would make you wonder. Keegan seemed frustrated at the lack of communication back then, so to see Ashley gabbing away with some scout would definitely put some doubt in the mind on that score.

hate posts like this

You've no f***ing idea.

Whhhhoooohhhhhhhhhhh, settle down darling!

I didn’t state that I had an idea but in my opinion, I’ll be very surprised if he will be happy to accept a budget of £20 million to work with looking at the state of our current squad next season. Only Stoke and Hull spent LESS than that figure last summer.