Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Poor Rafa, far far too good for this shit tip.

Are our players much worse than Huddersfields? Some coaching on how to keep and pass the ball might be nice.

The passing and control was exceptionally bad. Needing to take those extra touches gave them so much time to close down. It was ridiculous. Too static.

To what extent we can blame Rafa for it I don't know. It needs worked on. And has for about 15 years tbh.

Poor Rafa, far far too good for this s*** tip.

Are our players much worse than Huddersfields? Some coaching on how to keep and pass the ball might be nice.

Technique wise? yes they are.

Merino was the only one today i was comfortable with controlling the ball under pressure, i feel like some tough decisions need to be made around players who were reasons for our promotion last year.

Merino was the only one today i was comfortable with controlling the ball under pressure, i feel like some tough decisions need to be made around players who were reasons for our promotion last year.

Nonsense. Their three behind the striker was Ince, van la Parra and kachunga. Average as anything. Mooy was playing in Australia 2 years ago.

They are coached to keep the ball and press when they don't have it. We are coached to sit off and I have no idea what we're coached to do when we have it. It would seem to be kick it away as soon as someone comes near us.

Nonsense. Their three behind the striker was Ince, van la Parra and kachunga. Average as anything. Mooy was playing in Australia 2 years ago.

They are coached to keep the ball and press when they don't have it. We are coached to sit off and I have no idea what we're coached to do when we have it. It would seem to be kick it away as soon as someone comes near us.

All of those players are good technically though and Mooy would walk into our side. Rafa's teams have never historically been bad on the ball.

Don't get me wrong, the coaching plays a huge part, the way Hudds play takes a lot of work in training. That's just not the manager Rafa is though he never will be, he's not going to turn into a Klopp-lite.

It's the same issues as last year, the compact formation isn't necessarily a bad idea, but these players aren't good enough to make it work. The football was dreadful and the only time we got the ball wide for a cross was when Manquillo broke forward a couple of times. I don't like this playing with three centre backs for just that reason.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love someone to get his reasoning for bringing Diame on.  Ever.

It's not even difficult. He doesn't play two up front, Joselu came on, Murphy came on, Hayden was struggling badly, Shelvey's suspended and there was no alternative.

Diame? f*** off man.

:thup: f***er wouldn't even be in my 25 man squad tbqh.

Aye. Should have kept Hayden/Merino, and then taken Perez off for Mitro and gone two up.

Diame is absolutely horrific. Wouldn't get a game for most D1 teams.

Rafa has a tendency to make baffling subs like this. However, I don't blame him for today. 

I'd love someone to get his reasoning for bringing Diame on.  Ever.

It's not even difficult. He doesn't play two up front, Joselu came on, Murphy came on, Hayden was struggling badly, Shelvey's suspended and there was no alternative.

I'd rather have gone Joselu at ten and then Mitro up top tbh.

Diame? f*** off man.

:thup: f***er wouldn't even be in my 25 man squad tbqh.

Aye. Should have kept Hayden/Merino, and then taken Perez off for Mitro and gone two up.

Diame is absolutely horrific. Wouldn't get a game for most D1 teams.

Rafa has a tendency to make baffling subs like this. However, I don't blame him for today.

ok mate, how you doing?

I'd blame Rafa for most of what I watched today.

Our manager doesn't know our position on transfers.  This fucking club is rotten.

Aye, especially when that club says "Rafa has full control over transfers".

It's madness.

He's in full control of telling them what he wants to happen.

They are in control of the lies and deceit when it comes to making things happen.

If his plan was to throw the chance of a point and make a public display of how poor his options from the bench are then I'd probably accept that. Diame should never set foot on the pitch for us again. His movement makes Shola look like an Olympic sprinter in comparison.

But any mistake he makes in terms of selection and game management is exacerbated by the fact the squad he's got is so poor at this level, which isn't his fault. If he'd been given a Premier League budget, he'd be a lot more accountable.

If he'd had it his way, McCarthy and Townsend would already have been here in February and already the team is significantly better going into this season. He didn't even get them this summer - not a single penny spent on the centre of midfield. Insanity.

If his plan was to throw the chance of a point and make a public display of how poor his options from the bench are then I'd probably accept that. Diame should never set foot on the pitch for us again. His movement makes Shola look like an Olympic sprinter in comparison.

We were 1-0 down before Diame came on. I wish the answer was as simple as just don't play Diame. The defensive formation doesn't work if you've got nothing going forward on the break so I suppose some of that's down to Rafa. But if we went more attacking we'd probably lose as well so there is definitely a problem with the quality of the squad.

But any mistake he makes in terms of selection and game management is exacerbated by the fact the squad he's got is so poor at this level. If he'd been given a Premier League budget, he'd be a lot more accountable.

What's a Premier League budget these days?