Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

I know he's not the player he was (Alreet Ronny?!) but having Colo back would be a huge boost - he's far better than the two on Monday!

It sounds like the Chancellor is still a few weeks away though :-(

Hey thanks for all the replys. I didn't know about the area so this helps a lot. I think I'll see if I can find The Cock and Lion and maybe watch with other Newcastle fans and without the family :angel:

Yeah the Cock and Lion will be rammed with Toon fans,quite a small space but not child friendly fwiw

Thanks for the advice, I'll ask the wife if they want to see the game with me and then maybe find something a little more family friendly :)

I'm over in London this weekend (live in Copenhagen) and didn't bother much about this game a week ago. But things change :D Anyone know about a pub in London where the match will be shown? Preferably a nicer place near the centre/around London Eye, where I can bring the wife and kids. Thanks in advance.

If you want a place near the London eye then there's a sports bar right in waterloo train station which is next to the london eye. Like others have said, so many places will be showing the game, if you cross over waterloo bridge (from the south side to the north) and keep walking in that direction you're walking into covent garden area, tons of pubs and most will be showing the game.

What's copenhagen like as a place to live?

Will have a look for it on a map. We are visiting the London Eye before or after the game, so would be easier to get away for a couple of hours if I find a bar close to it. But nice to know there are a lot of options.

I'm Danish and grew up in Esbjerg in Jutland. Moved to Copenhagen in 2008 and absolutely love the city. I recently bought a house in the suburbs but still work in the center. Copenhagen is a lovely place with a lot to offer at all hours, but it is also expensive - even compared to the rest of Denmark. Apartments are very expensive at the moment and rentals are almost impossible to find.

Its a pretty small "big city" (only about 1mio residents if you include the suburbs), which is nice because no matter where you are in the city you are always close to the center and can get around by foot or public transportation - everyone rides bikes though so watch yourself before you cross the road!

I think Copenhagen is absolutely worth visiting as a tourist - maybe if Newcastle qualified for Europe in the future :D but be aware that it will be a pretty expensive stay. Beers in bars cost at least 50kr (5 pound) for 50cl.

Copenhagen's lush. My friend took me to a Brøndby IF v Nordsjælland game last year and the atmosphere was terrific. Man alive, if we can get that sort of noise going on Sunday, those fuckers in red and white will piss their pants.

With an identity as a national laughing stock, aye. Every third-rate comedian has the thick, sentimental "jawdee" character getting worked up over nothing as a fall-back for a cheap laugh. Your "identity" is on a par with the boring Brummie and the thieving Scouser- fat, pastie-munching mags hanging around that big grey eyesore like flies around shit, spouting incomprehensible twaddle about "wor beloved toon". That's your identity to most people. You must be so proud.

What actually hurts us is that our accents are the same as yours to people outside the area and we get lumped in with you. It hurts to be associated in any way with the kind of people who hold mock funerals for the name of a football ground, who proclaim themselves a "nation" like the Catalan people and can't see how ridiculous that is, people who think they're living in some cultural oasis because woah, there's a big shopping centre over the water and a gallery with nowt of any worth in it... and fuck me if there's not a regional airport close by, there's a thing.

More than anything else, Newcastle United and its supporters have held back the North East as a region by sullying its image for outsiders. A region of hard-working, down to earth people who can laugh at themselves has been hijacked over the last 20 years by sanctimonious, humourless, pretentious bores droning on and on about their fucking heritage and their "geordie pride". In your determination to prove that you're the bestest, loyalest, cushtiest fans in all the world, you just give the world the impression that you have got absolutely nothing in your lives, that the only thing that can light up the darkness of your Cruddas Park grief-holes is the chance to weeble about the place dressed like giant mint humbugs grunting, "toon toon black and white army" even though you're on the bus and it's Thursday morning. We hate you because you embarrass us and you embarrass the whole region. Now fuck off. (@DCmackem, 2012)

:lol:

With an identity as a national laughing stock, aye. Every third-rate comedian has the thick, sentimental "jawdee" character getting worked up over nothing as a fall-back for a cheap laugh. Your "identity" is on a par with the boring Brummie and the thieving Scouser- fat, pastie-munching mags hanging around that big grey eyesore like flies around s***, spouting incomprehensible twaddle about "wor beloved toon". That's your identity to most people. You must be so proud.

What actually hurts us is that our accents are the same as yours to people outside the area and we get lumped in with you. It hurts to be associated in any way with the kind of people who hold mock funerals for the name of a football ground, who proclaim themselves a "nation" like the Catalan people and can't see how ridiculous that is, people who think they're living in some cultural oasis because woah, there's a big shopping centre over the water and a gallery with nowt of any worth in it... and f*** me if there's not a regional airport close by, there's a thing.

More than anything else, Newcastle United and its supporters have held back the North East as a region by sullying its image for outsiders. A region of hard-working, down to earth people who can laugh at themselves has been hijacked over the last 20 years by sanctimonious, humourless, pretentious bores droning on and on about their f***ing heritage and their "geordie pride". In your determination to prove that you're the bestest, loyalest, cushtiest fans in all the world, you just give the world the impression that you have got absolutely nothing in your lives, that the only thing that can light up the darkness of your Cruddas Park grief-holes is the chance to weeble about the place dressed like giant mint humbugs grunting, "toon toon black and white army" even though you're on the bus and it's Thursday morning. We hate you because you embarrass us and you embarrass the whole region. Now f*** off. (@DCmackem, 2012)

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

I mean that's not a pleasant price but it's not ludicrously expensive either compared to London. I always thought it was like way over the top expensive there?

Denmark is the cheapest of the Nordic countries when it comes to alcohol. In Sweden, be prepared to pay around 80 kronor (£7.50) and in Norway I'd guess it's around £10 for a pint.

Not to mention the registration window is closed, so by recalling him you'd just make him unable to play football at all. :lol:

Pretty sure this isn't the case.

From the PL rulebook:

"If a loan of a Player (whether by Temporary Transfer or otherwise) is cancelled by mutual consent, the Player shall not play for the Club to which he is returning unless the League has confirmed to that Club that the Player is eligible to play for it."

Goes into further depth saying the player needs to remain registered in the 25 man squad list to be able to return and play outside transfer windows.