The Magic of Jesus

Decky

Anyone see it? f***ing disgrace, how the hell can they take the piss out off Jesus' miracles? The miracle of raising the dead was a f***ing shambles, its a joke and channel 4 should be ashamed of themselves, the two men who did that show need to be shot!

Er, I didn't watch it, but I presumed the whole point was that it was a joke.  The whole damn concept.  Including that Jesus ever did such things.

As for the two guys.  They did indeed deserve to be shot.  Irritating, unfunny, no good.

Magic is generally speaking fake, in fact what am I saying, it's always fake, didn't you know that before you watched the programme??

The clue really was in the title.

I didn't watch it, by the way, so I can't really comment much further about it.

its not the fact about the magic, its the fact that it blantantly took the piss out of Jesus and to be honest lads not many people here may believe in cristianity but alot of people do believe in it and im sure some where offended. They are back at Easter to take the piss out of the old testiment

Surely, you could have guessed that it might be offensive to you, before you watched it.

So the question is, why did you?

There's plenty of stuff on TV that offends me, I just don't watch it.

Why do religious people always watch stuff they know is blatently going to offend them and then complain about it afterwards!?! Nobody else does!!

I really don't see what the problem is with taking the piss out of religion.

There are two possibilities: God exists or God doesn't exist.

Well if God exists, I think he/she/it is big enough and powerful enough to fight he/she/it's own battles, don't you!?! Do you think all-powerful God would care if two lame (from the sounds of it) magicians take the piss out of him!?!

If God doesn't exist, then well... erm.... I can't think of a good argument, other than to say, what's the problem with taking the piss out of something that doesn't exist??

In my own personal view, religion is something that needs the piss taking out of it, every so often, just like everything else, there's a lot of people taking it way too seriously at the moment, for my liking.

its not the fact about the magic, its the fact that it blantantly took the piss out of Jesus and to be honest lads not many people here may believe in cristianity but alot of people do believe in it and im sure some where offended. They are back at Easter to take the piss out of the old testiment

Since when did it matter if they were 'offended'?  Free speech, an all that.  They get offended with plays with too many swear words in it, anything these days. 

It was a pisstake, it was re-iterating that none of it's possible.  Regardless of your Religion, or what you 'believe', none of it happened.

http://img218.exs.cx/img218/1209/nails7ix.jpg

That show last night was absolutely VILE. We watched about 15 mins of it then put on "green street".

It just wasn`t funny. Unlike this here. Bad taste yes, funny yes.

Magic of Jesus was just awful, not funny, in VERY bad taste and disrespectful.

Guest toonelaide

I'm a Christian, haven't seen the show. Don't like the pick on this thread though,

In my opinion taking the piss out of a religion is one of the lowest forms of humour,

I'm a huge fan of stand up comedy and I feel whenever they have a go at Religion

it's just such a cheap shot, not really thinking man's humour. Also offensive to some

I'm a Christian, haven't seen the show. Don't like the pick on this thread though,

In my opinion taking the piss out of a religion is one of the lowest forms of humour,

I'm a huge fan of stand up comedy and I feel whenever they have a go at Religion

it's just such a cheap shot, not really thinking man's humour. Also offensive to some

Sorry, but you religious types need to get over yourselves!!

You like stand-up, do you? So it's alright when they're taking the piss out of someone else, or someone else's beliefs (whatever they might be, political or whatever), but not your precious God!!

How hypocritical!! But then you do say you're religious, so it should be expected.

Guest pudmag

Sorry that was a bit harsh.  :oops:

I didn't mean to attack you quite like that, but I really don't understand why religion should be above ridicule.

It was a bit over the top!! But you are right, everything seems to be fair game these days. Having a pop at Christianity however, seems to be a particually cheap shot, cause the god botherers are "wierdos" anyway. Not sure however if this programme was directed at Islam, it would have been taken so lightly. And quite rightly so.  Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and as long as they are not hurting anyone else, be allowed to do so in peace, and without ridicule.