Norwich City 3-2 Newcastle United - post match depression from page 42

Disco

i simply just do not understand the lack of motivation in so many of our 'players'.  they don't care/won't play for their new mgr, their team mates, the club's fans, or personal pride to avoid going down. they don't even seem to be motivated to advance their careers if they want a move away!

It comes from the top

seems like it's more than that-- like there's a cancer in the dressing room, or something.  somehow there's a pervasive apathy amongst ours that even Rafa (may his tribe prosper) can't penetrate.

It'll take more than Rafa turning up. There's a deeply entrenched apathy that filters down from boardroom to the fans and pervades the entire setup. Same reason the atmosphere has been dead, the reason no one enjoys working for sports direct. The rotten institutional degradation has been the cancer for a decade to the point where even strong individuals will struggle or reject it.

Exactly right - the club will decline and decline as long as the current set-up is in place.

Prepare for a long spell of even greater mediocrity with talentless and uncaring players just picking up their wages.

It's just not a team. They don't play together and look lost every time they have the ball. I'm not even sure which of our players are worth keeping. Maybe Mitrovic as he clearly gives a fuck, Perez, Armstrong, Mbemba for potential but the rest can just fuck off.

Darlow - Should have came for the free kick and caught it/clattered their player. Dived under the second and could have saved it. His kicking was absolutely awful all game. Made a few good saves but didn't know much about them as they were straight at him.

Janmaat - Linked up well with Towsend in the second half, one absolutely shocker of an offside. Much better player going forward than he is defensively.

Mbemba - His worst game in a Newcastle shirt, looked a bag of nerves next to Taylor.

Taylor - Seemed to back off everything and everyone in typical fashion, never looked like blocking or tackling anyone.

Anita - Absolutely terrible, but is a midfielder playing left back.

Tiote - Absolutely terrible.

Shelvey - Another poor performance but occasionally linked up well with other players. Should be playing higher up the pitch as his defensive work is no good.

Wijnaldum - Another invisible display from a player who quite clearly does not give a s***.

Sissoko - Clumsy and awkward in everything that he does, as he has been all season. But worryingly, still offers more than most of the others.

Townsend - Much better in the second half than he was in the first. Great cross for Mitro's first, thought he was more effective than anyone else although lacked quality at times.

Cisse - Poor, didn't offer anything as a lone striker. Looked lost. No idea how he contrived to miss the chance when he was 4 yards out with a tap in.

Perez - Excellent when he came on, looks like he gives a s*** and plays nice football. Should have started ahead of Sissoko, Wijnaldum or Tiote.

Mitrovic - Fantastic, played like a man desperate to save the club. Threw absolutely everything at Norwich and simply should have started. Absolutely no idea why he didn't start, there was confusion in the away end that he wasn't on the bench and was injured until he was spotted warming up?

I think Rafa got it wrong yesterday to be honest. Lascelles should have played ahead of Taylor, he'd have been excellent in the air and not allowed their big lad up front to win every header and take the p*ss all game. Perez and Mitro both should have started, ahead of anyone else that played in our midfield/attack. We looked much more effective with Mitro and Cisse up front, should go with that for the rest of the season.

However, we now have a class manager that can realise his mistakes and rectify them. The only thing I thought he should have done was take off Taylor for Lascelles as he was bullied all game. His substitutes all worked again, something we've not seen in a long time.

Decisions will go for us and against us all season, it was handball for their goal but not a single one of our players claimed for it. In real time it is difficult to see, only when it is slowed down is it more evident.

The only saving grace from yesterday is the fact that the mackems didnt win. The mackems and Norwich have to play each other and Norwich also play Palace, we simply have to win 4 or 5 of our last games to stay up. Games that were 'any points would be a bonus' (Southampton, Liverpool) are now turning into must wins. We have to win our game in hand imo to have any chance. 6 points is a long way off, 3 points isn't.

We have the quality, we made the managerial replacement too late and Rafa experimenting to find his best 11 (which of course, he needs to) is not going to help us with so little time. The key weekend will be a week on Saturday, when we have Swansea at home and the mackems play Norwich, a draw between them two and a win for us claws us back into it, with our game in hand straight after. Norwich beating the mackems will probably see both of us down unless Palace don't win another game until the end of the season.

We look dead, but shitter teams with shitter managers have been in this position before and stayed up. Going down could be a disastor, especially if the mackems follow us because the Championship would be littered with big clubs, promotion would be far from a certainty.

I have hope that we can do it, albeit slight hope but we can't give up until it's mathmatically over.

Apologies if there are any spelling errors in this, it's been written on my phone whilst laying in bed as I am away sulking.

I won't quote that post by figures because it's massive but I agree with most of it.

I can't see us doing it thigh and I'm absolutely gutted. I've woken up entirely dejected after that late surrender and the thought of what could have been under Rafa if we'd have stayed up.

Not felt that gutted after a match for a while, was more the hope after both goals and possibly seeing a comeback. Hard to see anyway back now, lets just hope we can keep the spine of a few players. Would love to see Mitro and Perez stay but couldn't blame them at all if they left the club.

Not felt that gutted after a match for a while, was more the hope after both goals and possibly seeing a comeback. Hard to see anyway back now, lets just hope we can keep the spine of a few players. Would love to see Mitro and Perez stay but couldn't blame them at all if they left the club.

Perez is one of the easiest to sell and one of the only ones whose value hasn't been hammered. He'll be off.

“I know footballers can be labelled as people who don’t care, but you only have to look at the faces in our dressing room to see how much it means to us. It’s devastating to get back in the game twice, only to lose in the last minute.”

http://i.imgur.com/W5OkBWS.jpg

Look at those fuckers really caring.

I can't remember the last time we so poorly saw-out a result. Norwich gifted us a way back into the game twice, when they should have been out of sight by half time. Twice we equalised, and in no time were behind again, in the most important game of the season to date. Bad beyond words.

Even if that result left us only three points adrfit, I'd be saying it's curtains. It's a task they are simply not going to accomplish.

You can look at some of the appalling results gone by, earlier in the season: losing at home to Bournemouth, only drawing at home to Villa, etc etc etc - it was still only one point when Rafa came in, with our only two rivals still to play. Now it's six.

Disgusting. To say we've blown it would be a compliment; we haven't put up a fight all season and were a relegated side months ago. We've spent about three weeks outside the bottom three, for crying out loud.

Perez - Excellent when he came on, looks like he gives a s*** and plays nice football. Should have started ahead of Sissoko, Wijnaldum or Tiote.

Hope thats a joke mind as he was terrible. Give the ball away nearly every single time he touched it.

Hope thats a joke mind as he was terrible. Give the ball away nearly every single time he touched it.

Compared to Gini and Moussa who never touched it?

Compared to Gini and Moussa who never touched it?

Sissoko was our brightest player in the first 15mins and then he faded with the rest of the team.

That out of the way though, i'm one of his biggest fans but Perez has been poor this season compared to last and his showing yesterday was anything but excellent. 

Only seen the highlights, but Darlow looked in no man land for the 1st from where the free kick was and where Klose Headed it, he should have come and claimed it, or tried at least. So many so called top level keepers do the same thing it baffles.

Not quite resigned to relegation yet, because their is still Sunderland and a team managed by Alan Pardew that we can catch. Probably blind optimism though

Only seen the highlights, but Darlow looked in no man land for the 1st from where the free kick was and where Klose Headed it, he should have come and claimed it, or tried at least. So many so called top level keepers do the same thing it baffles.

Not quite resigned to relegation yet, because their is still Sunderland and a team managed by Alan Pardew that we can catch. Probably blind optimism though

They are terrible but they can't lose points and we can't gain them so it seems like there's no way back now.