The Wrestling Thread - #MeTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

19 hours ago, Rocker said:

Jimmy Uso arrested for another DUI.

Fucking idiot has been in the major storyline mix for months. 

What is it with wrestlers (and footballers for that matter) and drink driving? So dense. You're minted, get a cab, hire someone to just sit in a car and pick you up when you're blasted.  He's gonna end up a Dark Side of the Ring episode. Speaking of which I've nearly finished watching all of the ones out so far. Nick Gage, New Jack and Pillman were the best ones.  Benoit probably most compelling of the lot but too hard to watch to say it was "best".

Thought the last 3 matches were really good at Money in the Bank. Roman/Edge could have done with 8-9 mins trimmed off but still enjoyed it.

Only saw the first hour of RAW. I've read the spoilers. Some crazy booking decision as per usual.

AEW has sold 16K tickets for their Dynamite show at Arthur Ashe tennis stadium. WWE only sold 8K at Madison Square the week before. Impressive for AEW.

2 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Thought the last 3 matches were really good at Money in the Bank. Roman/Edge could have done with 8-9 mins trimmed off but still enjoyed it.

Only saw the first hour of RAW. I've read the spoilers. Some crazy booking decision as per usual.

AEW has sold 16K tickets for their Dynamite show at Arthur Ashe tennis stadium. WWE only sold 8K at Madison Square the week before. Impressive for AEW.

Aye MITB was a pretty great show all round. And then obviously they follow it with an obscenely nonsensical Raw.

1 hour ago, The Janitor said:

Danielson apparently already signed with AEW and Punk imminent. Might have to start watching instead of just reading.

I'd watch it for the angles and matches they were in, for sure. I don't like a good 40 % of their shit they put out (AEW) and eventually, the more legitimate their roster gets, the more I'll watch.

19 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I'd watch it for the angles and matches they were in, for sure. I don't like a good 40 % of their shit they put out (AEW) and eventually, the more legitimate their roster gets, the more I'll watch.

Do you watch WWE other than the PPVs? I tend to just watch a few highlights of both brands on Youtube, but I guess that's why viewing figures are down across wrestling.

Nah. I would love to though. I'd love to get that back. I mean RAW is unwatchable. Awful.

I did watch the full episode of Smackdown last week as the crowd returned, and it was quite enjoyable. However, for the majority of shows (including NXT), I'll read the results and then pick out the matches or segments I'd like to see.

In regards to AEW, I find I have to suspend my disbelief as much as I do with a lot of the WWE shit. I'm not into a lot of the over-choreographed matches and 'spot fests', and I've never liked that shit. That goes for the WWE, too. I don't mind breaking out shit like that in ladder match on a PPV, but I'm a lot more desensitised to it now so it's lost it's 'wow' factor. AEW has a lot of that shit. I guess I just wanted AEW to be better, and that's my own fault for my expectations. I didn't want to have to cringe watching wrestling anymore, and I still do. 

I love wrestling matches and feuds that make sense, and they do that, too. So for now, I will just pick and choose what I watch. Hopefully, one day, I might watch an episodic wrestling show regularly. :milner: