Rimworld

Fatwax

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Anyone else had a look at Going Medieval? A Rimworld clone but in 3d? Raw as fuck but serious potential.

Bought it for that exact reason, but then never even got round to installing it. Is it as comical as rimworld? Any cannibal colonies? 

Seems like the same mood debuffs for cannibalism but there are cannibal traits. The main hook so far is the building up instead of just sprawl. It's got potential.

Going medieval has promise. Definitely not up to rimworld standards yet but not to bad.

As for rimworld I love the game and I've got a couple hundred hours in it, I just go back to it every so often when I've got nowt else to play just like I do with civ 6.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mike said:

I think I like going Medieval more as a big fuck off castle builder than an escalating survival game.

There was a game back in the day called castles 2 siege and conquest that let you design your own castles, it was amazing. Ten year old me played the fuck out of that game. Looking back it was pretty terrible in a lot of ways, but all the similar games of the time forced you to choose from stock castles so that feature was amazing.

Also shout out to lords of the realm 2, which let you raze villages and it would have a pop up with a bored and very posh voice over asking "Slaughter these villagers?" Oh it was the best.

Going Medieval is aight. needs some polish on structure/roof placement for sure. not sure how i feel about the research grind but not terrible. needs roads/paths and the 'planner' of rimworld where you could draw placemarker squares on the ground to architect around, unless I've missed both of those.

Solid though. haven't gotten to combat yet.

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Do animals not graze? do i have to keep a hay stockpile in their pen? BOO that mess.

They do, but they're greedy fucks and will quickly eat it bare. I use shelves, for kibble and hay. It keeps it organised, takes up less space, and doesn't deteriorate.