Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - Post-match delight from p.20

Disco

For me, the big difference yesterday was that we didn't give the game away. Against Norwich and Southampton, we lost the games instead of making them beat us. Swansea worked some openings, but weren't handed anything gilt edged. If you give away the first goal, the whole game changes.

Man City are comfortably good enough to beat us, as are Liverpool, but we have to make them do it. By the sounds, Everton rested players to go all out in the Merseyside Derby, so it may push Klopp into trying harder than he would have done otherwise in that game. Europa League has to be their biggest priority, so we might get an relatively easy ride at Anfield. Again though, we have to play error-free.

Just watched the game on Football First and can't believe how poor a relection the scoreline is of the game. There's no way we were three goals better.

So?

So it's hardly worth getting excited about such a pedestrian performance. We were not good by any means.

What were you expecting?  Us to turn into Barcelona and systematically destroy Swansea from start to finish?  We won 3-0, we didn't have it handed to us, we worked hard and took our chances.

Why should it have been different?  Are we the only team that has to be perfect to deserve to win?

thought bringing shelve on was the wrong decision, Swansea visibly stepped it up wanting to show him a thing or to, disagree all you want but its the natural way of people.the substitution wasn't needed.

good day, thanks sunlun, glimmer all but small of hope but still a massive long shot  :(

sitting in the gallowgate, it seemed that mitro had blasted his chance well wide. nufc.com saying he grazed the post. not shown on motd. any see it?

It seemed  well wide to me.

I was quietly confident we could sneak a win.  But never thought we'd bang in 3 goals and keep a clean sheet.  So it's great that we still have a fighting chance.  I think sunderland are the most likely to stay up.  But we're still in the fight, at least.

I've only seen MOTD.  From watching that and seeing the stats.  It still seems like we're a long way from figuring it out and we're obviously not going to become a good side overnight.  At this stage of the season, it doesn't really matter how you get a win, of course.  I'm sure the result and the clean sheet, will do their confidence no end of good.  I'm just a bit worried about the next two games.  I think the City and then Liverpool, will bring us back down to earth.  Watching City on Saturday, was pretty scary.  If only De Bruyne was still injured.