Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Astonishing if we get our money back on thauvin.

no chance imo

3m tops, get him out.

the f***? :lol:

i'm not one of them, just saying we're not likely to get our money back not that we should sell for less than we value him

sake

It wasn't aimed at you, you quoted Tubes who is a firm believer in just getting players out quickly and cheaply. Probably should have just quoted the original post not the reply :lol:

Was looking on a Spurs forum earlier and found their thread on him. Most of them are upset that he's not been given more of a chance and that he's one of the best they've produced recently.

Agreed.  He was superb for Brentford and was a certainty for the Spurs squad.  Then he got his injury on England u21 duty and something went amiss with him and Poch.  When he was eventually fit he was loaned out to West Prom which was on the face of it a lousy loan, but there were rumours that Poch thought working under Pulis might bring him back on the straight and narrow.

Nothing changed, he hardly played for WBA and he's never been given a chance by Poch since.  I don't think anyone really knows what went on or why it went so horribly wrong, all the fans remember is a seriously talented youngster getting MOTM awards almost every week under Warburton.  Wish him all the best, he is talented for sure and I think this is one sale that could come back to haunt us

Turning down a chance to get decent money for thauvin, the premiership was too physical for him so he's hardly going to find the championship any better and can't see him starting ahead of Aarons and Ritchie.

Ever thought that he might play better in the Championship because its a worse division than the Premier League?

You also don't know that we've received decent money for him, the likelihood is that we haven't received a good offer for him, hence why we've rejected it

Turning down a chance to get decent money for thauvin, the premiership was too physical for him so he's hardly going to find the championship any better and can't see him starting ahead of Aarons and Ritchie.

Ah yes, superfit aarons, no chance he'll not get injured.

Thauvin was given 12 games, no idea how many were starts, I think it's fair to say he probably wasn't given a fair chance.

Ah yes, superfit aarons, no chance he'll not get injured.

Thauvin was given 12 games, no idea how many were starts, I think it's fair to say he probably wasn't given a fair chance.

Aye. I cannot remember the exact numbers but I'm sure his total gametime was under 500 minutes with us in the league. No idea how anyone has cast iron opinions on hin.

We should keep a hold if we can. I would have faith in Rafa helping him regain form and a year down there where his technical skills might show with other players doing the physical work might help.

Most of our players who are keen to stay and perhaps have not performed as expected prior to Rafa, should be given a clean slate. Toves is no exception. Can't underestimate how shit our coaching structure has been for literally years, until now.