Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is definitely enough quality in our squad to get promoted regardless and I'm not too worried if we don't sign anyone. The main issues being the Townsend deal was probably the difference between first and second and if anything was to happen to force Shelvey to miss an extended run of games then I can see us taking a tumble which might see us drop out of the automatic places.

Slightly worrying but not the end of the world. The biggest worry for me is how this has affected Rafa and his plans and how he comes out of this, if he's alright with it all then no worries.

What were people really expecting? Us to go and spend £15m each on 2 players?

Our squad should have enough to get up, would rather we kept the cash for the summer ahead of the PL then spunk it on mediocre players again.

We haven't got enough though, have we?

One injury to Shelvey or Gayle and we're fucked. We're also losing too many games in this league to 'guarantee' promotion. I don't know where the confidence has come from tbh.

Deficiencies in the squad left over from the summer which still haven't been addressed. Again.

We haven't got enough though, have we?

One injury to Shelvey or Gayle and we're f***ed. We're also losing too many games in this league to 'guarantee' promotion. I don't know where the confidence has come from tbh.

Deficiencies in the squad left over from the summer which still haven't been addressed. Again.

Ritchie would be a bigger miss than Gayle imo. Murphy is a more than an able deputy for Gayle. Frustrating that we haven't gone out and got the two players who would have rubber stamped promotion with the chasing pack strengthening, but as we all know Ashley is a risk taker, amongst other things.

What were people really expecting? Us to go and spend £15m each on 2 players?

Our squad should have enough to get up, would rather we kept the cash for the summer ahead of the PL then spunk it on mediocre players again.

Loan a central midfielder better than jack colback?

Guest neesy111

6 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand.  Brighton will drop off as well. I love  deadline day. We generally sign nowt but maybe Rafa will change that. I think someone will come in but it'll be a youngster on loan.

3 points with 2 games in hand.  Reading won tonight.

6 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand.  Brighton will drop off as well. I love  deadline day. We generally sign nowt but maybe Rafa will change that. I think someone will come in but it'll be a youngster on loan.

Did you mean to post this yesterday?

We have a really difficult set of fixtures coming up were we basically play all the other top teams. We are an injury or suspension to Shelvey away from a massive struggle to create chances. Our home form is also still a concern and we needed improvements to the squad to overcome this.

There's no evidence to suggest Brighton will drop off at all.

We simply don't do deadline days. Or the days previous come to that.

We did plenty of business last January, but yeah most of it was done well before deadline day. Nothing happening here.