Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's shite when the ball goes over his head like. Can have 60 yards to watch it and will still be falling over and trying to stretch for it. That header against Bristol City at home was comical.

It's a part of his game that's got no better since the own goal against Burnley.

Guest palnese

Never understood why goalkeepers are so cheap. GK'and the striker(s) are easily the most important positions in the team.

left back top prority in my mind. We were lop sided all last season with no fret from the left. I dont think Dummett would get in a single premiership team other than ours. Id go for Amavi at Villa offer Colback in a swop

We won't be signing a left back while Dummett, Lazaar, Haidara, Manquillo, Gamez and Clark can all play there.

Dummett is a reliable defender.

I don't like Dummet but given the potential cover there I think we would be better spending on attacking players if we have to choose. Striker and centre mids/ attacking mid critical

left back top prority in my mind. We were lop sided all last season with no fret from the left. I dont think Dummett would get in a single premiership team other than ours. Id go for Amavi at Villa offer Colback in a swop

We won't be signing a left back while Dummett, Lazaar, Haidara, Manquillo, Gamez and Clark can all play there.

No he is not.

Never understood why goalkeepers are so cheap. GK'and the striker(s) are easily the most important positions in the team.

Completely disagree. I think keepers rarely make a massive difference to their team. I don't think Man Utd would have done that much worse the last few years without De Gea for example.

In teams that play a Guardiola style they are very important mind

Completely disagree. I think keepers rarely make a massive difference to their team. I don't think Man Utd would have done that much worse the last few years without De Gea for example.

Depends. With someone like Martyn, Seaman, Flowers, we'd have probably won the league in 1996. We might have even stayed up with a better keeper two seasons ago.

UDINE. Waiting for the striker, Udinese lands for the central defender and brings home Bram Nuytinck , a Dutch 27-year-old who with his meter and 90 centimeters of proven experience will play the spot with Angella for the role of Left-wing central defense. He is, therefore, the heir of Felipe's chosen Wells, which, as they often did, did not leave clues before closing the deal with Anderlecht, to which Kums had been shot from Watford.

Subscribe to Noi Udinese, our newsletter on Udinese

The news of Nuytinck's purchase has yet to be formalized, but meanwhile yesterday was backed by Belgian club ds Herman Van Holsbeeck, who confirmed to the media the sale of the player to Udinese, adding that now the Brussels whites will have to Get yourself in search of a new defender. The transaction is worth 2.5 million euros as the cost of the card, with the prospect of a four-year contract for the player born on May 4, 1990 in Malden, with 157 appearances in Anderlecht, including 12 in Champions League, and 23 in the Dutch under 21.

Note that Nuytinck can also play on the left center, is accustomed to defense at four, but it is also easy to admonish for its rough marking. Acquired by Nimega in 2012, The defender had only one long period of inactivity when he had to stop for 127 days due to a foot injury injury in September 2014. However, he came from a prominent season with 26 games played. Now we will only have to wait for the results of medical examinations, scheduled between today and tomorrow in Udine, to sign the contract.

Made for the defender, he remains on the high seas the issue tied to the attacker. As is well known, Udinese is looking for an agreement with Naples to get to Pavoletti , but it is on the negotiating table that some issues may come out, given the fold that took the door-to-door business. In particular, Karnezis did not like the prospect of making a bench at Reina in the year of the World Cup, And so he took into consideration Rafa Benitez 's Newcastle bid , back in the Premier. It will have 48 hours to accept the offer, bringing 4 million to Udinese. Napoli, on the other hand, is close to the Argentine Rulli and at this point remains Meret to be included in the negotiation for "Pavoloso".

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly couldn't think of a better example to say the opposite. [emoji38] Goalkeepers make all the difference, and there are examples everywhere. Look at Man United in-between Schmeichel and Barthez, then Barthez and Van Der Sar. Arsenal after Seaman, Liverpool after Reina, Man City after Hart's downfall.

I honestly couldn't think of a better example to say the opposite. [emoji38] Goalkeepers make all the difference, and there are examples everywhere. Look at Man United in-between Schmeichel and Barthez, then Barthez and Van Der Sar. Arsenal after Seaman, Liverpool after Reina, Man City after Hart's downfall.

Couldnt agree more. Could have said the same about defenders a while ago but City seems to have changed that.

The value of one goal conceded is massive when turned into points.

You are obviously too young to remember us gong for the league in 95/96.

You are obviously too young to remember us gong for the league in 95/96.

I am unfortunately

Couldnt agree more. Could have said the same about defenders a while ago but City seems to have changed that.

The value of one goal conceded is massive when turned into points.

Yep :thup:

schmeichel waa the difference in 95/96. Other big factors were Phil Neville crocking Gillespie away at Man u and we lost balance of the team. Signing David Batty slowed the play down too much

This, been saying this for years about Batty.

Asprilla is the myth, but Batty changed the dynamics of the team much more. It didn't help much that Beardsley's legs went, and Ferdinand couldn't hit a barn door in the last few months mind.

I still cry myself to sleep most nights thinking about it.

schmeichel waa the difference in 95/96. Other big factors were Phil Neville crocking Gillespie away at Man u and we lost balance of the team. Signing David Batty slowed the play down too much

This, been saying this for years about Batty.

Asprilla is the myth, but Batty changed the dynamics of the team much more. It didn't help much that Beardsley's legs went, and Ferdinand couldn't hit a barn door in the last few months mind.

I still cry myself to sleep most nights thinking about it.

ferdinand got 19 goals before christmas in the league and then 6 after christmas if my rough scan is correct and this has always stood out to me (among many other factors) as to our 'failure' that season...had he kept up a vaguely similar scoring rate* or someone else had replaced those goals we'd have won it...the manyoo home game always stands out for the one on ones he had with schmeichel but it was the overall drop in contribution that cost us dearly

*something we now know is virtually impossible in the PL given only a couple of players have ever come close

No he is not.

Aye he is. He can't do anything, attacking wise, but as a defender he's fairly solid. I don't think I've seen us linked with any left backs who are better at defending than Dummett.

Gibbs, perhaps, but his assets are mainly on the front foot. Either way, we won't be signing a left back until at least Haidara and Lazaar are off the books, which is understandable.