Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dare I say that if an admittedly awful tackle at the JJB causing no physical injury ruined him mentally, there was f*** all to ruin in the first place. He has some ability but he's never in a billion years a PL defender. Another stupid Carr signing.

Agreed. The initial scare will have done enough damage unfortunately and he doesn't seem a good fit for this league.

Dare I say that if an admittedly awful tackle at the JJB/DW causing no physical injury ruined him mentally, there was fuck all to ruin in the first place. He has some ability but he's never in a billion years a PL defender. Another stupid Carr signing.

Would have to agree. Reasonable signing in theory; as in we needed a left-back because Santon was never gonna cut it and Haidara might've developed into something decent. But it was ultimately one of countless bad calls.

It was his first Premier League start, he was a bairn still, had probably been told to expect a more physical game, then had some thug almost snap his leg. I could see why that would play on the mind like.

This.

Physically there was clearly no lasting damage.

Play on his mind years later? Shut the f*** up, man. He's a professional athlete in a contact sport.

Not necessarily that specific incident. But it will have started a cascading effect to etch away at his confidence little by little and his game and fitness will have suffered as a result. You might want to think professional athletes are homogenous robots, but I work with them, especially athletes recovering from injury and you would be surprised at the impact some injuries can have on some personalities.

It was his first Premier League start, he was a bairn still, had probably been told to expect a more physical game, then had some thug almost snap his leg. I could see why that would play on the mind like.

It is strange like, one of Carr's signings having a heart the size of a pea.

Think he came off the bench in that game but agree with your point.

It was relatively early in the first half was it not?

He wasn't injured, though. There isn't a professional footballer, especially a wide player, on the planet who hasn't been shook up by a bad tackle at some point.

You're right then. He clearly used the incident to fleece the club out of a salary pretending to be a footballer and all that. :lol:

It was an injury. It just wasn't anywhere as serious as first feared.

Yeh I think my memory is failing me as now I recall John Charver going ape shit at half time and getting sent off.

He wasn't injured, though. There isn't a professional footballer, especially a wide player, on the planet who hasn't been shook up by a bad tackle at some point.

He was injured iirc, sure it was tissue damage and bruising to the bone so was out for around a month.

Yeh I think my memory is failing me as now I recall John Charver going ape s*** at half time and getting sent off.

Oh no it isn't!

Came on in the 13th minute for Debuchy: http://www.nufc.com/html/2012-13html/2013-03-17wigan-a.html

I have no idea whether he would have been good or not, but it's very stupid to suggest that it didn't have a physical and mental impact.

It would on anyone, physical for obvious reasons and mental because he needs to trust himself again and some players simply never learn to trust in their body after injury.

He's always had a really good attitude and bummed for him as you'd like to see guys like him succeed. Shame about how his career went here and the million injuries. Hopefully he can get some joy playing back in France.

You're right then. He clearly used the incident to fleece the club out of a salary pretending to be a footballer and all that. :lol:

I didn't suggest anything of the sort. He was just one of many hit and hope Carr signings for peanuts that didn't work. To attribute it to a tackle is stupid.

I actually thought he would be good at first.  He was a big strong lad with pace and seemed to have decent defensive instincts.  The main things that let him down were his crossing and long passing (which he had to do quite a lot under Pardew).  Unfortunately injuroes have completely ruined him, i hope he can get his career back on track at a lower level.

Lucas Perez and Danny Ings in the shit rag sun.  Probably nowt in it.  But would certainly be interested in Perez.  Thought he looked half decent for Arsenal and got a few goals for them, despite not playing much. 

Ings would be a bit of a gamble.  No idea what he'll be like after his injury, or whether he would consistently score goals at this level.