Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spoke to a few Arsenal fans on the way to the Community Shield today and they said similar to what has been said before. Looks very good but has never got much game time. Questioned his age and they say he plays like a young 29 and his athleticism very good.

Unlike Benitez to confirm interest in a player. Think that could happen.

Agree. He always chooses his words carefully and it wouldn't surprise me if there's developments in the very near future.

Unlike Benitez to confirm interest in a player. Think that could happen.

Agree. He always chooses his words carefully and it wouldn't surprise me if there's developments in the very near future.

Is Lee Ryder saying Perez is not on our radar the development you have in mind ?

When asked about priorities after the game, he told Chroniclelive: “We have different positions.

“I want to be clear, I am looking at different options and it’s not like I’m looking at just one name, it’s three or four (for each position).

“If we can’t get one then we go for the other one.”

Benitez has been linked with Arsenal striker Lucas Perez in recent days and responded to talk of him being United target, he said: “I like the player because I have good friends in A Coruña.

“I know that he did really well. He’s come here and not played in many games, but I like the player.”

Benitez also stated he is looking at a host of different players in the next few weeks.

He added: “We know what we need and will try to do it until the end of the transfer window.

“We are now trying to work in different directions at the time.”

And when asked if Joselu of Stoke City was an option, he said: “I say different directions, but different directions at the same time.”