Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FWIW apparently Feyenoord were rumoured to be going after him as a Jorgensen replacement.

Must be canny stressful bidding £17m for a player who the club want £20m for. Go straight to the source, cut this bit out in 2-3 years time by bidding £8m for a £10m player.

"I have to just worry about Burnley (on Wednesday) and that's it. I think the fans are very clever and they know what is going on.

"What I have to do is make sure I don't let them down. What I have to do is keep going. I am a professional and want to do well.

"I am happy with the city, the fans and I can see the potential of the club. But I have to be sure that everybody understands the message, that we have the same idea and that we are on the same page.

"We have to keep working hard. I am sure I will keep working as hard as now with all my staff, and try to improve the team.

"We'll have chances. Obviously it's not ideal because I wanted to do my business by the 15th or the 20th, but I still have some days, and they believe we can do something."

Didn’t see the Rafa quotes from yesterday until now - all but confirming that we’ll be signing fuck all.

Of all the disgusting, terrible and irresponsible decisions Ashley has made during his time here, I genuinely feel like this month is some of his worst. Nixing the takeover and basically leaving us unable to sign anyone in the position we're in is just...well, it's just Mike Ashley

Still think we’ll make two signings and at least one outgoing. Two and half days (presuming it closes midnight on Wednesday?)

Like a kid from a poor family expecting to much for Christmas, hoping for  Scalextric or a trainset only for the father to spend the little money they have on booze and tabs...ends up getting a single second hand hot wheels car.

Still think we’ll make two signings and at least one outgoing. Two and half days (presuming it closes midnight on Wednesday?)

Like a kid from a poor family expecting to much for Christmas, hoping for  Scalextric or a trainset only for the father to spend the little money they have on booze and tabs...ends up getting a single second hand hot wheels car.

:lol:

It’s just f***ing lies at this point in proceedings. Just finishing the spinning process to the gullible fans to give the illusion of effort. He’s not going to sell the club and he’s got no intention of investing either, he’s a proven liar, c*** and absolute piece of s***. Please don’t get your hopes up, nothing that will move the club forward is going to happen this week, this year or this decade until he either dies or sells up. Forget it.

I'm in total agreement with this midds. The thing is though, is there really anyone left in our fanbase who is placated by the illusion of effort? Apart from one or two idiots on social media, and the likes of Simon Jordan, no one falls for this effort anymore. I'm sure Ashley knows this by now and it still leaves me wondering what the end game is for him.

Notice how the price of these forwards being linked are getting cheaper by the day? It's all paper tittle-tattle anyhoo. We all know our business is done.

On the contrary, a £10m cheapo striker 6th down on Rafa's list sounds just like how we would do business.

Well, if we don't sign anyone this week and stay up we'll be fucking minted in the summer right. Right?

I do wonder if Ashley would walk away with all of the TV money and take that off the price of the club.

how do you mean? it wouldn't change anything in terms of his price...he apparently wants £100m or so more than he's invested so he could still pay off £100m debt to himself but he'd still want £100m profit and the buyers would obviously know that the club has been raped of cash so would drop their price accordingly

it would be monumentally stupid so yeah that's probably the plan :lol:

Caulkin has said we are looking at loans now. So much for breaking records!

It was always the more sensible option, although how seriously we are looking is another thing. It should have been done a month ago if we knew the takeover wasn't happening.