Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Elliot still being injured, Sels looking incredibly shaky and Rafa seemingly not favouring Darlow, loaning Krul out seems mental. Hope its being done to prolong his Newcastle career though as I like Krul.

Gap year for Krul then. He's our best keeper but not by much, remember only too well how his form dipped massively after the 5th season, not the only one and there were obvious reasons for it but he's been bang average for the last 3 years imo. Better than Elliot, Darlow and Sels? Yeah, but there's not that much in it.

With Elliot still being injured, Sels looking incredibly shaky and Rafa seemingly not favouring Darlow, loaning Krul out seems mental. Hope its being done to prolong his Newcastle career though as I like Krul.

Darlow has done well enough when he's had the gloves, so has Elliott. With Selz there as well that's more than enough for this division. Much though I like Krul, if he moves on it might be best for both sides at this point.

I have not been especially enthused by any of the players we have signed or are rumoured to be signing.  Obviously Ritchie has come in and impressed as has Hayden so I hope others do as well and that we find one or two gems.  The media keeps going on about us having the best squad but that is being dismantled as the days go by.  Obviously those players don't want to be here and their attitude would be questionable if they have to stay but I don't see the squad we look like being left with as being particularly superior to other Championship clubs especially those that are promotion contenders.  I just hope Rafa can work his magic on them.

Aye, Krul would be my No. 1

Got to say we have to have faith in Rafa but I am left a little bit puzzled by some of the signings and some of the players he has/is shipping out. Prime example is Krul who is a far superior keeper than Sels and yet we appear to be loaning Krul out and paying over 4 million for Sels - just doesn't make sense.

Aye, Krul would be my No. 1

Got to say we have to have faith in Rafa but I am left a little bit puzzled by some of the signings and some of the players he has/is shipping out. Prime example is Krul who is a far superior keeper than Sels and yet we appear to be loaning Krul out and paying over 4 million for Sels - just doesn't make sense.

This. Unless Krul has said he doesn't want another year in the Championship and that he's looking to go?

Gap year for Krul then. He's our best keeper but not by much, remember only too well how his form dipped massively after the 5th season, not the only one and there were obvious reasons for it but he's been bang average for the last 3 years imo. Better than Elliot, Darlow and Sels? Yeah, but there's not that much in it.

I've not seen enough of Sels, but Elliot and Darlow? Come on, man. He's in another league to both.

I've not seen enough of Sels, but Elliot and Darlow? Come on, man. He's in another league to both.

The Krul of a few years ago was, yeah, without question. He's gone backwards massively since though imo and I can't see that much of a difference tbh. Not quite sure which Tim Krul people are harking back to sometimes.

Yep, his kicking is a bit shit, but Krul better in pretty much every other department.

The Krul of a few years ago was, yeah, without question. He's gone backwards massively since though imo and I can't see that much of a difference tbh. Not quite sure which Tim Krul people are harking back to sometimes.

The one who's get serious deficiencies but is still easily a PL goalkeeper. Elliot isn't and Darlow isn't yet.

The one who's get serious deficiencies but is still easily a PL goalkeeper. Elliot isn't and Darlow isn't yet.

He's still the best keeper we have but I'll not lose any sleep about losing a keeper with serious deficiencies if it also gives the likes of Darlow experience to become better.

He's still the best keeper we have but I'll not lose any sleep about losing a keeper with serious deficiencies if it also gives the likes of Darlow experience to become better.

Darlow is only 2.5 years younger than Krul and the same age as me. He is no child learning the game. He is a fully developed adult who been around a fair bit and experienced the English game for many years now without ever standing out in the way Krul had done by the same age. There is just no evidence he has anywhere near the same talent. Rob Elliot showed significantly more than him last season. I will essentially be shut out from watching matches until we (lord-willing) procure promotion once more, so I have no idea of Sels' ability.

Darlow is only 2.5 years younger than Krul and the same age as me. He is no child learning the game. He is a fully developed adult who been around a fair bit and experienced the English game for many years now without ever standing out in the way Krul had done by the same age. There is just no evidence he has anywhere near the same talent. Rob Elliot showed significantly more than him last season. I will essentially be shut out from watching matches until we (lord-willing) procure promotion once more, so I have no idea of Sels' ability.

Agree with most of that, I just think the Krul of 2012 isn't here anymore. Losing the Krul of 2016 isn't that much of a blow.

I wouldn't loan Krul out if he's fit.

He may have said he's leaving for free if he doesn't get a loan out, the year extension is a way to grant him his wish but still ensure we have him contracted in the summer, by which time the landscape may have changed, he might have had an awful season at Ajax, we might still be in the championship or we might be back in the PL. He is, by a long way our best keeper but if he doesn't want to play in this division then a loan with a contract extension is the best we can do.

Have not done the maths but our squad will be smaller at this rate then when we started.

Concerned we are replacing to many players with Championship quality - not many feel like they will make the step up shiuld we get promoted and we are back to a squad full of shit on long term contracts.

Essential that we have attacking fullbacks if we plan to play with Ritchie on the right (his best position) and a right footed on the left. Who knows, we could be signing a left footed wide player and if not it would still work well if we have pacey players providing width :thup: Having a pacey player like Yedlin will probably open it up a bit for Ritchie i reckon, as well as giving us another dimension. Hope Yedlin can do well at this level.

I have not been especially enthused by any of the players we have signed or are rumoured to be signing.  Obviously Ritchie has come in and impressed as has Hayden so I hope others do as well and that we find one or two gems.  The media keeps going on about us having the best squad but that is being dismantled as the days go by.  Obviously those players don't want to be here and their attitude would be questionable if they have to stay but I don't see the squad we look like being left with as being particularly superior to other Championship clubs especially those that are promotion contenders.  I just hope Rafa can work his magic on them.

Same. It is an average squad as it stands but there is a week left to do something about it. Think Rafas business so far has been average at best

I really hope we sign someone of the Ben Arfa ilk that get us genuinely excited. Not solid championship journey men, but someone with immense talent/potential who get us up off our feet.

Would we know if we did? We could sign the next Messi and the radio commentary would have us believing we'd signed the next Pat Heard.

I really hope we sign someone of the Ben Arfa ilk that get us genuinely excited. Not solid championship journey men, but someone with immense talent/potential who get us up off our feet.

Would we know if we did? We could sign the next Messi and the radio commentary would have us believing we'd signed the next Pat Heard.

:lol: :lol: