Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have not been especially enthused by any of the players we have signed or are rumoured to be signing.  Obviously Ritchie has come in and impressed as has Hayden so I hope others do as well and that we find one or two gems.  The media keeps going on about us having the best squad but that is being dismantled as the days go by.  Obviously those players don't want to be here and their attitude would be questionable if they have to stay but I don't see the squad we look like being left with as being particularly superior to other Championship clubs especially those that are promotion contenders.  I just hope Rafa can work his magic on them.

Same. It is an average squad as it stands but there is a week left to do something about it. Think Rafas business so far has been average at best

The squad is fairly average but competitive. Few match winners with Perez, Diame, Gayle and Ritchie. Need to add quality in last 3rd.

He has clearly been trying to sort out our defensive woes and have cover which is getting there and we aren't a team of dwarfes anymore. I expect Rafa to get the balance right between defence and attack it might just take a bit longer

I think my biggest worry is that we lack sure things. Our level could be exceptional but we might suffer as we did last season. Ritchie, Diame, Mbemba and to an extent Gayle all look rock solid. In and around that are players with question marks about their consistency and suitability, like Ayoze, Shelvey and Mitro. Sprinkle in the old deficiencies such as no good left sided players, a general lack of thrust and the north easts finest left footed double act and it makes for nervous viewing at times.

I do agree with an earlier post mind that mentioned how we may have been lulled into higher expectations than are realistic with some good early signings. I'd still like to see st least one more top draw (for the league anyway) wide/attacking player that you know will deliver.

So we have 7 days to sign the 3 players that we need hmm. Not sure we will get three quality ones that we need...

Two of the deals are practically done.

I know what you mean but i seriously hope we go for a winger on top of Captain Judge with one leg. Also hope we get a striker and LB (unless we plan to play Jesus there?)

It sounds like we're after a LB going by all the rumours, but who knows

Yeah it won't happen they will want around 20m and rightly so which is too much. Must be some quality playmakers who we could get for less than that though

We would be twice the team with a playmaker. We are fairly solid at the back now and have good options going forward just need someone to knit it all together and help us dominate games as at the moment we seem to be you have the ball we have the ball kick and rush style

Despite me going on about a LB and being desperate for years about the position, i think a quality winger is top priority closely followed by a striker. But yeah, we really need another option at LB.

Lazaar had the 4th-most crosses total in Serie A last season and the most from any player from the left flank. Good passer. Did lose the ball quite a bit, though.

Looks to be a tricky customer going forward. Certainly a much better attacking LB than any we could put out there, not that it would be difficult to achieve that.