Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will we be left with in midfield? Hayden, Colback, Shelvey & Anita? We need another one imo.

They are all defensive midfielders too and I wouldn't even class colback or Anita as midfielders after last season.

We have done well in clearing out a lot of dead wood though that's a big plus.

Maybe the aim is to have the flair and creativity coming from wide areas and stay solid through the centre with the two holding to balance out Yedlin & Lazaar bombing forward.

Who will we be left with in midfield? Hayden, Colback, Shelvey & Anita? We need another one imo.

They are all defensive midfielders too and I wouldn't even class colback or Anita as midfielders after last season.

We have done well in clearing out a lot of dead wood though that's a big plus.

Maybe the aim is to have the flair and creativity coming from wide areas and stay solid through the centre with the two holding to balance out Yedlin & Lazaar bombing forward.

Fair point and that would be good if it was Mitrovic in the middle.

That wouldn't suit Gayle though and we will need him to be our main goalscorer.

Having crosses coming in to him will be a waste of time as he just hasn't looked like getting on the end of them and it looks like he will be the one up top on his own.

Mitrovic

Gayle                        Ritchie

Diame

Shelvey   

Lazaar                Hayden          Yedlin

Mbemba  Lascelles

Sels

Mitrovic

Gayle                        Ritchie

Diame

Shelvey    Hayden

Lazaar                              Yedlin

Looks ok apart from Gayle would be wasted out on the left wing in my oppinion,  we need him as our main man in the middle, there are still question marks whether mitrovic would be a 20+ goal a season man but it looks like Gayle will be at this level.

I would go with that but Gayle up top, mitrovic on the bench. Drop Diame next to Hayden and bring in a left winger and playmaker behind Gayle and we would look a lot better

Him or the new left back that we will surely sign then.

Tiote rivière and Sissoko if anyone bids out then that would be pretty much all our dead wood out and end the window in profit with a decent looking team. Shoe horning  Gayle on the left wing would be a classic pardew/ England move the nut. He's our main man for goals either we go 4-4-2 or mitrovic will be on the bench which is what will happen I think.

Plus wingers won't be the best supply line for Gayle but a cabaye type behind him playing through balls would.

Can't believe a playmaker hasn't been mentioned when it's so obvious we need one.

Playmaker

Left Winger

Left back

Striker

Order of importance for me. Hopefully get at least 2 of them by next week or it could be a lot harder than we expected for promotion

What do you mean a playmaker? For what position? No 10?

Yeah Rafa favours a 4-2-3-1 but we don't have the creative player to play behind the striker or a creative midfielder good on the ball further up the pitch. We have a big gap from our midfield to Gayle and it just goes wide with nobody to aim for in the middle. Perez was the closest we had to that but he has gone off the boil recently.  A link man in the mould of a siggurdsson eriksen silva type of player is exactly what would improve us.

As it stands I'm not impressed with our business and still playing the likes of dummett and colback and I know  most my mates say the same. Il be at every home and away game I can get too like always but I fear for us making the top 2 as our squad stands and from what we have seen so far

Diame will most probably be the no 10. If Sissoko stays, he will play that role. If you mean some sort of Rui Costa -type playmaker then not going ot happen. Shelvey and Hayden as the holders I would guess. Rotation means Anita, Colback and Tiote if stays will play there too.

I kind of like OT's formation. Gayle wouldn't be winger anyway in that formation. Supporting striker more so.

Darlow

Yedlin lascelles mbemba lazaar

Hayden      Diame

Ritchie      New AM.    New winger

Gayle

You do realize that we had a very strong squad and now you are wanting to replace everyone bar 2. And don't understand this fuss for Darlow, he certainly ain't any better than Sels, who is not convincing either.

I do like Diame but he is more of a central midfield box to box type and effective on the counter rather than a playmaker or number 10. 

yeah that's the type I mean just obviously not as good but as good a one as we can attract and that would make all the difference to us.

Playing with a small quick striker on his own requires that type of player behind to supply him for me. But we will see what players we sign or not as the case may be then see where we are then.

We have the basis of a good solid team as it stands there that will be there or there abouts it's just looks to be missing that bit of sparkle

Gayle

Peres                            Ritchie

Diame

Shelvey   

Mbemba  Lascelles

Sels

Go with that against teams who are prepared to attack us. If Gayle and perez could develop an understanding, thy could interchange quite nicely.

Mitro

Peres                            Ritchie

Gayle

Diame   

Mbemba  Lascelles

Sels

switch it round for teams who defend.

I deleted the quotes but thanks to optimistic nut for the template.

Darlow

Hayden      Diame

Gayle

Aye, going into a season with 8 brand new first team players as our main line up makes perfect sense, especially when we already look unbalanced as it is with so many new players and constant team changes.

Not a chance if we can replace him. I think he will stay though.

Looks like Riviere, Tiote and Sissoko will all be off. I'd hope we at least add an extra CM to the squad if so. Its already asking alot considering we are supposed to be wanting a LB, ST, CF (Creative AM), and possibly now two wingers with aarons injury.

I think we will bring in one striker and a winger, possibly a left back. Can't see much more.

Darlow

Hayden      Diame

Gayle

Aye, going into a season with 8 brand new first team players as our main line up makes perfect sense, especially when we already look unbalanced as it is with so many new players and constant team changes.

That is more than likely what we will be doing though. Already have 5 and it looks like we are close to another couple. Also Gayle is a striker only not a left winger or playing behind a striker he is an out and out poacher and number 9. Andy Cole Ian Wright etc were never played on the wing or attacking midfield

Atsu is close according to Sky sports. I would be happy with that. Pacy direct and natural left winger

Exactly the type of player we need, especially with Aarons cattled.

Mental to think we could end up bringing in a dozen new players and still be well in profit (assuming Sissoko goes)

I like the look of Atsu, would be very interested to see how he gets on for us.

Think we're building a very good Championship team, if these players all gel and settle down quickly then we could do very well.

The international break (although I hate them) could be useful for us, gives us chance to work with the new players.