Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atsu will drive a large section of our fans mental being a foreign, dribbling type but who doesn't win every game single handedly.

:thup: It's a grim crowd at SJP these days. They'd rather see a James Perchv type than a Hatem Ben Arfa. Not quite sure where it all went wrong.

Atsu will drive a large section of our fans mental being a foreign, dribbling type but who doesn't win every game single handedly.

:thup: It's a grim crowd at SJP these days. They'd rather see a James Perchv type than a Hatem Ben Arfa. Not quite sure where it all went wrong.

Pardew has drummed in this shape and defensive aspect and also some people genuinely would rather see a crunching tackle than a piece of actual skill. You can get that in Sunday League.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  3m3 minutes ago

Rafa on transfers: "We still have time, names and targets. We are trying to do business. It also depends on agents and prices." #nufc

Surprised to hear Rafa toeing this line. As more money pisses in to the Premiership then prices everywhere will inflate. If promotion first time is the priority I'm sure dropping a few extra million here or there is well worth it over missing out on key players. I sure know another year in the Championship will cost us more.

Rafa on transfers: "We still have time, names and targets. We are trying to do business. It also depends on agents and prices." #nufc

Surprised to hear Rafa toeing this line. As more money pisses in to the Premiership then prices everywhere will inflate. If promotion first time is the priority I'm sure dropping a few extra million here or there is well worth it over missing out on key players. I sure know another year in the Championship will cost us more.

Its how it should be. We pay what we feel a player is worth and if we can't reach agreement with the other club then we don't do a deal.

Its how it should be. We pay what we feel a player is worth and if we can't reach agreement with the other club then we don't do a deal.

So you would be happy to see out the rest of this season with the squad we have right now and chance it instead of over spending? Seems a bit mental really. Any over spending will be a fraction of what it would cost to fail at promotion first time round.

I wonder how agents really do influences things to such a degree. We hear more and more managers saying agents have all the power.

Well it's because they are the ones doing all the talking. The agent can control the narrative to clubs and player separately, meaning he can priorities what club the player goes too based on much the agent will get out of it. It's very corrupt.

So you would be happy to see out the rest of this season with the squad we have right now and chance it instead of over spending? Seems a bit mental really. Any over spending will be a fraction of what it would cost to fail at promotion first time round.

In reality though no one just hands over any transfer fee or condition asked by agents. Rafa's not saying we refuse to negotiate, just there'll be a fair price and one where you have to walk away. It's how any club is operated.