Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They've been linked to 'keepers all summer while Reina's situation has been unresolved. They've also been quite strongly linked to Rulli from Sociedad, and were linked to Sczezcny before he went to Juventus - both would have been permanent deals.

It seems there's a bit of an impasse. I'm pretty sure that Rafa wants Reina, but Karnezis may also be an alternative for us. Karnezis would prefer to go to Napoli, but only if Reina definitely leaves and not if he's arriving as a backup (World Cup year).

This could also be held up as we're not signing anybody until we shift one of (or both of) Krul or Darlow. As ridiculous as that would be.

Basically I'm sure once there is movement from any of the named goalkeepers involved, there will be a domino effect. But the thing with first choice goalkeepers, is that it's quite a unique situation. Clubs don't want to lose one without having the other one coming through the door at the same time, but also goalkeepers don't want to be moving into a new environment without guarantees of playing time.

It's a bit of a balancing act for players and clubs.

Guest palnese

We have 4 keepers at the moment. Totally understandable if the club wants to get rid of one or two before bringing in a new one.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/massadio-haidara-latest-player-told-13406120

Massadio Haidara is the latest player to be told his time is up at Newcastle United

French full-back Massadio Haidara is in talks with St Etienne ahead of his exit from St James' Park

BY LEE RYDER

13:00, 30 JUL 2017

Massadio Haidara has been told his time is up at Newcastle United.

The French left-back did not feature in any of the Magpies’ last three pre-season friendly games after being handed a surprise start in the 2-1 win at Heart of Midlothian.

Haidara has just one year left on his current deal and isn’t being offered a new contract with the player informed that his representatives must find him a new club.

The defender was used sparingly by United last season and made just three appearances after an injury-affected two years on Tyneside.

Haidara has made 50 first-team appearances since arriving at the club from Nancy in 2013 but has now been offered to French clubs, including St Etienne who claim they are in “advanced talks” with United over his signature.

The 24-year-old is just one of a group of players who have been told by Rafa Benitez they can leave this summer.

Senegal midfielder Henri Saivet, Achraf Lazaar, Emmanuel Riviere and Tim Krul are also on their way out of the club after being told the train at the club’s Academy.

Benitez said recently: “When you have too many players what you can do is talk with them straight.

“That’s what I did. I told them: ‘Listen, we have too many players, my idea is this and you have to be sure you understand what we need to do’.

“You have to maximise the time you have with your players so therefore if somebody has to train at the Academy it is not personal, it is professional.”

Wasn't he running like 3 days after the tackle? To say that ruined him is absurd even by N-O standards.

Aye, I do think that challenge knocked him but don't think he ever looked like he would be good enough anyway. More hope than anything.

Dare I say that if an admittedly awful tackle at the JJB/DW causing no physical injury ruined him mentally, there was fuck all to ruin in the first place. He has some ability but he's never in a billion years a PL defender. Another stupid Carr signing.