Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lucas Perez is looking a possibility. Would everyone be happy with that?

:lol: Bless Ryder man, he's obviously seen the same article as me about Arsenal wanting 15m Euros for him and he's googled the conversion.

He's beyond parody.

Reading a few of the Arsenal message boards they seem to rate him quite highly and are just puzzled why Wenger signed him if he wasn't going to play him. 13m wouldn't be horrific business in the current market.

Aye, i have seen some say things like "scores hatrick in the CL and never plays again" :lol: He'd be pretty perfect for Rafa from the little i have seen anyway, very mobile and makes a lot of unselfish runs off the defenders and down the channels etc etc.

:lol: Bless Ryder man, he's obviously seen the same article as me about Arsenal wanting 15m Euros for him and he's googled the conversion.

He's beyond parody.

Does anyone remember years ago (might have been the original Ashley takeover actually) where the Chronicle just came on here an lifted loads of posts verbatim as quotes from Toon fans?

This is why you should just be able to cut players in your squad if they don't make the grade like in American sports

Cut them make them free agents and free up wage space

Love to see Colback come back from training with the card hanging in his locker

It's really only the NFL that's like that. The other major sports have guaranteed contracts. Here's an extreme example of this going bad, courtesy of the New York Mets:

After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million

Every July 1 he cashes another check.  :lol:

Remember Arsenal fans not being happy about the way Perez was treat, like someone posted before, he scored a hattrick in the CL and was dropped the next game, and was never really given a chance. I certainly wouldn't be against going for him, or any of these La Liga players we've been linked with (Vazquez & Correa) who I would love to get but I can't see happening. Lucas Perez I can though.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be happy with Perez like. I think that's a fairly reasonable price and I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him. Not really the out and out striker that we need though.

This is why you should just be able to cut players in your squad if they don't make the grade like in American sports

It's really only the NFL that's like that. The other major sports have guaranteed contracts. Here's an extreme example of this going bad, courtesy of the New York Mets:

After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million

Is it true the talk I heard while I lived in NY that the Mets took that awful deal because the owner had invested all his money on Madoff's scheme? :lol:

Is it true the talk I heard while I lived in NY that the Mets took that awful deal because the owner had invested all his money on Madoff's scheme? :lol:

Yup, he thought he was getting like 10% on all his investments with Madoff, which would have outpaced the interest owed to Bonilla. All things considered it may be the worst financial deal in the history of sports.

you can, it's called paying up their contract and telling them to fuck off

in the cases of good, haidara and the 'lower' earners i don't know why we're fucking about tbh

Can't say I would be excited because I've never seen him play for more than 10 minutes, but there must be something about him for Wenger to have been interested.

asking my arsenal supporting friend and he really loved him and was confused as ever with Wenger not selecting him. that's me sorted, let's sign him. I take back the 10m too much comment and hell for 13.4m i'd easilly take him over Mitro.