Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He grafts and works his ass off in everything I've seen, read or talked about with my friend. He's literally putting in tackles, chasing lost causes, etc but also has the all around ability and pace/movement to get into great scoring positions and finish or set up his teammates.

Would be able to play on either flank, as the main striker or as a very advanced #10 (says the friend) he's more striker than creator per say based on how he's being described to me.

Was very skeptical but I'm coming around to it, since Arsenal fans seem sorry to let him go. Looking at transfermarketd he seems to have been played up front, as a number 10, and on both wings in his career, so really he's the ideal profile of what we need.

Lots of work-rate, makes himself a nuisance all game long and covers a lot of ground upfront. Good hold-up play, although he isn't the strongest. Good pace, nothing great technically but not a slumbering oaf.

I mean, he has lots of good attributes so I'd be surprised if he were not an useful player to you, but I'm skeptical of his scoring record outside that season at Depor.

I have also a natural mistrust of players' in their late 20s-30s that sign for smaller clubs after failing at a large one. But that has nothing to do with him in particular.

FFS, just sick Riviere and Haidara in the reserves. They're gone next year anyway. Even if they move we'll be subsidizing their wages so the saving is probably completely minimal.

Riviere's until 2020.

Nah, gone next summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emmanuel-riviere/profil/spieler/61637

http://www.nufc.com/2017-18html/squad.html

His contract length was only announced as a "long term deal" by the club, don't think it has ever been confirmed.

For a club that has a reputation for being tight fisted we hand out some pretty lucrative deals to unknown players.

A tight fisted Premier League club is incredibly rich compared to the average La Liga or Ligue 1 club

Perez looks more than okay to me. Quite pacey and good technique, though maybe not the strongest. He might combine quite well with Gayle.

What Wenger is looking for is a striker with the power to hold the ball up well under pressure and finish chances in a lone, central role, but also possess the technique to contribute to their tippy-tappy build up. There are only a handful of strikers who can do both to the ideal extent, and Arsenal haven't had the financial muscle to land one.

I'd be extremely happy with either. Perez is more likely given Atleti's current 'transfer ban' and the fact Correa is highly rated and a lot younger. Similar build to Ayoze so can't see him starting up top. In behind Gayle, though. :fwap:

No way we get him but it's nice to dream.