Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Am I missing something here? Just seems like they're merging with the Wor Hyem (I proper hate that name mind :lol:) group with a few people dropping out so have announced a disbanding so people know what's going on?

If it's just that then it's pretty stupid to change the name just after they'd managed to get it known to everyone.

Am I missing something here? Just seems like they're merging with the Wor Hyem (I proper hate that name mind :lol:) group with a few people dropping out so have announced a disbanding so people know what's going on?

If it's just that then it's pretty stupid to change the name just after they'd managed to get it known to everyone.

Is it not just becoming part of Wor Hyem?

In real life Wraith is nowt like how he comes across on the internet. Met him a couple of years ago in the Walls End pub and had a canny crack on with him for a good 15 minutes or so about NUFC and a more sound bloke you couldn't wish to meet which really surprised me because I always thought of him as a right tit.

Still, he wanted shot for that mock funeral he did like!

I like TF members/GF and the stuff they've achieved but I get the impression that they look down on certain methods of support. There are clearly some who would like an atmosphere but only in the way they'd want it. I know there's lots of genuine people involved and what's been done is incredible. Sounds like the odd ego though.

Am I missing something here? Just seems like they're merging with the Wor Hyem (I proper hate that name mind [emoji38]) group with a few people dropping out so have announced a disbanding so people know what's going on?

Worth Hyem is awful, bone numbingly awful.

Encouraged people to report someone for Fraud to the police, for wanting to raise money for a Cheick Tiote flag and asking if Gallowgate Flags would be involved.

He also now doesn't have the guts to respond to the lad whenever he calls him out.  :lol:

The lad offered him a chance at a boxing match for charity the other day :lol:

Blokes a bellwhiff.

Just seems like a few spat dummies and toys oot the pram to me.

There was a bit of a ding dong the other day over True Faith's flag and some people windging over one thing or another and next minute it's the natural end of it.

As long as it's been the catalyst for it to continue then job's a good un.

Hi lads, I am a founder member of GF along with heron, without going into too much detail or naming folk all that's happened is 2 other founder members have left and because they came up with the name in the first place they wanted to leave but take the name with them. There's been no falling out they just felt they couldn't commit the time necessary. I'm not sure why we can't keep the name but that's their decision so we have to respect it. Since WH started we've got to know them and they started to help out with displays and making the flags. Gf was solely about flags and surfers whereas WH were more keen on tifo as were the majority of Gf. I will be honest and say there's been discussion about the name and as of now it's not 100% it will be WH but for me personally I don't give a toss what it's called, it's what we do that's important. We don't have leaders and everything is done by debate and a vote. I can assure you there's no ego's and it purely exists to improve the atmosphere and support for the team. The age range of our members varies,I'm 55 and the youngest is 18. It's not a closed group and anyone can contact and join, in fact we encourage this but it is hard graft, for the Rafa banner we were in both weekends prior to the Liverpool game and on the Friday night we didn't leave until midnight!

I will admit in the past some of the group felt slightly 'shackled' but with the two members leaving I feel we can now spread our wings more, that is not a criticism of them they were just more cautious.

Even if you wanted our for whatever reason why would that even be a thing? :lol:

If there's loads of people involved, surely the majority could just say 'we want to keep the name'.... if this couple of people are really about the club and not their own ego's, they'd 'let' them keep the already established name.

Surely if you, out of your own choice, can't be arsed with it anymore the least you can do is let the people who want to continue keep the name.

What are those two going to do with the name now?  Pointless.

Taking the name :lol:  What a pair of Mike Ashleys.

Even if you wanted our for whatever reason why would that even be a thing? :lol:

If there's loads of people involved, surely the majority could just say 'we want to keep the name'.... if this couple of people are really about the club and not their own ego's, they'd 'let' them keep the already established name.

Surely if you, out of your own choice, can't be arsed with it anymore the least you can do is let the people who want to continue keep the name.

What are those two going to do with the name now?  Pointless.

:thup:

Hi lads, I am a founder member of GF along with heron, without going into too much detail or naming folk all that's happened is 2 other founder members have left and because they came up with the name in the first place they wanted to leave but take the name with them. There's been no falling out they just felt they couldn't commit the time necessary. I'm not sure why we can't keep the name but that's their decision so we have to respect it. Since WH started we've got to know them and they started to help out with displays and making the flags. Gf was solely about flags and surfers whereas WH were more keen on tifo as were the majority of Gf. I will be honest and say there's been discussion about the name and as of now it's not 100% it will be WH but for me personally I don't give a toss what it's called, it's what we do that's important. We don't have leaders and everything is done by debate and a vote. I can assure you there's no ego's and it purely exists to improve the atmosphere and support for the team. The age range of our members varies,I'm 55 and the youngest is 18. It's not a closed group and anyone can contact and join, in fact we encourage this but it is hard graft, for the Rafa banner we were in both weekends prior to the Liverpool game and on the Friday night we didn't leave until midnight!

I will admit in the past some of the group felt slightly 'shackled' but with the two members leaving I feel we can now spread our wings more, that is not a criticism of them they were just more cautious.

Best of luck and keep up the good work.

Thanks to wor jackie and Heron providing an insight to what's going on. I sit in the east stand near the corner flag and the Gallowgate flags group has dramatically increased the atmosphere in the ground over the past couple of season, you fellas deserve a ton of credit.

I still think it's a bit disappointing what's happened, I thought the name was an important brand - I guess - that was well known amongst fans and the media. It seems pretty selfish and pathetic two people are prepared to take the name and for what? I just hope it doesn't go like the supporters groups did a few year back where loads of splinter groups started up so in the end they mostly all got ignored by the masses.