Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I think this is maybe my first post since Rafa went, I just gave up on football tbh.

Honestly lads thank you for everything you did in the past and everything you've got planned for the future. These videos on twitter have had me close to tears the last few days and I can't wait to get back to going to games and just football in general. 👍

2 hours ago, Heron said:

They've put new speakers in like and they're much better. 

Consortium clearly been watching 'Sunderland til I die' for new owner tips

EWXVVl3XYAI4bXc.jpg

"Doesnt matter what you play unless you get a new PA system"

Ev_JV8nWgAEjVuf.jpg

9 hours ago, henke said:

I think this is maybe my first post since Rafa went, I just gave up on football tbh.

Honestly lads thank you for everything you did in the past and everything you've got planned for the future. These videos on twitter have had me close to tears the last few days and I can't wait to get back to going to games and just football in general. 👍

Welcome back 

Just now, pedro111 said:

These lads were the only thing that gave me any kind of pride and hope in the club in the last few years. They were the embers that convinced me that the club wasn't completely dead. You deserve everything you get. 👍

Agreed. 

I hope they can all get season tickets again!

They deserve their tickets back more than any other. Apart from Rafa and a select few others, these really have been the shining light of NUFC in the Ashley era.

Good on them for taking a stand too, when the trust perhaps didn't. Will always have my respect, as speaking from personal experience it wasn't easy. Top work @Heron and all the others involved. Fucking class.

Guest reefatoon

They massively add to the atmosphere and occasion and it looks amazing. They do a top job and can't wait to see what is in store on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

While I got it, previously (and like it)...it is weird how much more powerful it sounded in that clip. Kind of eerie reverberating in that massive empty bowl.

It definitely has that liminal space feel to it in that clip that makes it 10x better. 

6 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

While I got it, previously (and like it)...it is weird how much more powerful it sounded in that clip. Kind of eerie reverberating in that massive empty bowl.

Some Mark Knopfler Geordie magic that's what it is. I know it was written for a film set in Scotland but it just connects so well with NUFC and the local area. How anyone cannot get it is beyond me.

Edited by pedro111

12 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Some Mark Knopfler Geordie magic that's what it is. I know it was written for a film set in Scotland but it just connects so well with NUFC and the local area. How anyone cannot get it is beyond me.

Out of interest when did it start being used as 'our song' at SJP? Film was 1983 - so not long after that I assume?

Edited by TheGuv