Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Came down faster than planned and the Toon were late out. Not quite perfect but the display went well like. 

Was really worried pre match because the flag was out in the rain all night/morning thankfully though the plastic wrapping worked a treat and the straps we implemented worked a treat.

Should hopefully be easier to do moving forward. Yous may laugh, but we have to work off a spreadsheet and run it like a military operstion for this one. 

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Came down faster than planned and the Toon were late out. Not quite perfect vut thr display went well like. 

Was really worried pre match because the flag was out in the rain all night/morbing thabkfully thought the plastic wrapping worked a treat and the straps we implemented worked a treat.

Should hopefully be easier to do moving forward. Yous may laugh, but we have to work off a spreadsheet and run it like a military operstion for this one. 

Brilliant and I think all this work you put in we all forget , I will buy you a pint if I meet you mate 

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Came down faster than planned and the Toon were late out. Not quite perfect vut thr display went well like. 

Was really worried pre match because the flag was out in the rain all night/morbing thabkfully thought the plastic wrapping worked a treat and the straps we implemented worked a treat.

Massive respect to yous.

Where I was sat everyone was clapping the Gallowgate when the flag came down and there were some class comments about Wor Flags made. Safe to say, one of few things that United our fan base.

16 minutes ago, GWN said:

Brilliant and I think all this work you put in we all forget , I will buy you a pint if I meet you mate 

Same.

You had any thanks from any of the new owners?

20 minutes ago, GWN said:

Cheers mate! Honestly though, no need, we're just fans liek anyone else. :thup:

19 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Massive respect to yous.

Where I was sat everyone was clapping the Gallowgate when the flag came down and there were some class comments about Wor Flags made. Safe to say, one of few things that United our fan base.

That's great to hear like. My sister said people were talking about it on the bus and that, love that me. Comments like yours here are exactly why we do it. Unity. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Same.

You had any thanks from any of the new owners?

The owners love what we do apparently, think they're chuffed we're back, from a cynical point of view, we make their product better I guess you could argue. 

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

The owners love what we do apparently, think they're chuffed we're back, from a cynical point of view, we make their product better I guess you could argue. 

Well they couldn’t fail not to like it , I take it yous have had no direct contact off them ? 

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

Cheers mate! Honestly though, no need, we're just fans liek anyone else. :thup:

Yes but the effort it takes goes unnoticed by a lot , it’s a wonderful thing yous do . Unsociable hours etc , honestly mate it’s fucking mint .

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Yes but the effort it takes goes unnoticed by a lot , it’s a wonderful thing yous do . Unsociable hours etc , honestly mate it’s fucking mint .

Yep, it makes this great club even greater when you see things like that 

20 minutes ago, GWN said:

Well they couldn’t fail not to like it , I take it yous have had no direct contact off them ? 

Not yet mate. I think we probably will, in time :thup:

Not bothered either way, like I say we're just fans like anyone else, but obviously it would be nice. 

It’s a brilliant thing like, brings so much unity to the fans IMO, I was having a look through the website last night. The financial target would be nothing for the club to fund. 
I think it would help to break down the target into chunks, if we raise this we’re buying that kinda thing. 
But seriously, it’s a fantastic thing, hats off to all involved. 👏👏👏

9 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

It’s a brilliant thing like, brings so much unity to the fans IMO, I was having a look through the website last night. The financial target would be nothing for the club to fund. 
I think it would help to break down the target into chunks, if we raise this we’re buying that kinda thing. 
But seriously, it’s a fantastic thing, hats off to all involved. 👏👏👏

This would ruin it imo.  It's better as a fan led thing.

My favourites are always the mini flags where there's thousands of fans flapping them.

It reminds me of when we got free scarves under Freddy Shepherds time, was quite spectacular.

3 hours ago, loki679 said:

This would ruin it imo.  It's better as a fan led thing.

Aye I think we're keen to keep it fan led and separate of the clubs involvement. It means we control the narrative/messaging. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's really nice to see Wor Flags back at the stadium again. Loved that Jimmy Nail Big river piece, was spot on.

Keep up the good work! 🏴🏳

I hope you guys have something special for the Brentford game to welcome Eddie Howe!