Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Middle tier of the Gallowgate is a problem. We were in the Upper Tier last night and it's very noticeable from there. You have the corner which comes across excellent then you have the lower and upper tiers getting up off their seats singing but the majority of the middle (which probably has  95% season ticket occupancy) just sit there and don't get involved.

Another bugbear of mine is the "United" chant. Why shout "Toon" in between? It was always 3 claps in between which sounds much better, see below....

https://youtu.be/u_1usHbNj8g

I chant New-ca-stle for the 3 claps. Actually fits and makes sense. 

1 hour ago, HUGZ said:

safe standing would improve things dramatically. if only to shift the more passive fans elsewhere.

speaking of atmosphere, and the mackems saying it's manufactured... when it comes to the flags they're dead wrong (shock) - but I do feel a bit like that when it comes to the PA and music. I wish he'd learn to read the crowd, and keep the music off after a big win, to let the fans celebrate organically. last night was a perfect opportunity to sing a few Howe songs for example, and show our appreciation. instead we got Primal Scream and Hey Jude again.

meh, might sound nitpicky, and of course it's minor in the grand scheme of things, I just want things to be even minter!

Aye, I agree with this. 

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Need to sort out our songbook, like. It's shit for the most part imo. 

Get a huge banner for Liverpool saying 'STOP SAYING TOON BETWEEN THE 'UNITED' CHANT PLEASE

‘DONT PLAY MUSIC AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE’

In light of the shameless copying going on maybe a little flag reminder that 'immitation is the sincerest form of flattery' or 'often duplicated never replicated' in red and white.

Edited by Wolfcastle

14 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Yeap, our song book is awful.

I hate having to use them as an example to aspire to but Man Utd and Liverpool fans still sing old songs from the 70s and 80s and songs about players from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Wish we would do the same.

28 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I hate having to use them as an example to aspire to but Man Utd and Liverpool fans still sing old songs from the 70s and 80s and songs about players from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Wish we would do the same.

We sung The Mighty Wyn at Bolton a few years back, great chant.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Need to sort out our songbook, like. It's shit for the most part imo. 

Get a huge banner for Liverpool saying 'STOP SAYING TOON BETWEEN THE 'UNITED' CHANT PLEASE

It is like

Anything to the tune of sloop John b needs sacked off especially someone being one of our own🤢

Nowt original anymore really

14 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Middle tier of the Gallowgate is a problem. We were in the Upper Tier last night and it's very noticeable from there. You have the corner which comes across excellent then you have the lower and upper tiers getting up off their seats singing but the majority of the middle (which probably has  95% season ticket occupancy) just sit there and don't get involved.

Another bugbear of mine is the "United" chant. Why shout "Toon" in between? It was always 3 claps in between which sounds much better, see below....

https://youtu.be/u_1usHbNj8g

Wasn’t that the idea of the singing section?  Putting like minded folks together. 

I love the atmosphere since the change of ownership and personally I think there’s a lot more involvement from most areas of the ground then there has been for a long while, that said, people go to the match for different reasons and vocal support is just one form. 
There always seems to be a badge of honour attached to signing at the match like it somehow makes you a better fan whilst the fella who sits beside me who’s had a season ticket for the best part of 50 years has arguably “supported” the team far more than the most of the twats who come stumbling in after 10 mins, shout and sing, leave on 25 because their bladder can’t take it, shout and sing again, leave on 40 because they can’t go 15 mins without a bottle of Carling then turn back up again around 53 mins. 
I suppose what I’m trying to say is that atmosphere is one thing but people go for different reasons. 

33 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

Wasn’t that the idea of the singing section?  Putting like minded folks together. 

I love the atmosphere since the change of ownership and personally I think there’s a lot more involvement from most areas of the ground then there has been for a long while, that said, people go to the match for different reasons and vocal support is just one form. 
There always seems to be a badge of honour attached to signing at the match like it somehow makes you a better fan whilst the fella who sits beside me who’s had a season ticket for the best part of 50 years has arguably “supported” the team far more than the most of the twats who come stumbling in after 10 mins, shout and sing, leave on 25 because their bladder can’t take it, shout and sing again, leave on 40 because they can’t go 15 mins without a bottle of Carling then turn back up again around 53 mins. 
I suppose what I’m trying to say is that atmosphere is one thing but people go for different reasons. 

Howe has commented on numerous occasions about how good the vocal support is and how much it's helped the team at home.  I'm not sure how someone sitting there in silence taking up a seat is really contributing to that but each to their own. Like you say people go for different reasons amd at least they are there. When I go I like to give the players as much vocal encouragement as possible and I think they appreciate that.

I’m not a fan of the amended “We love Newcastle, we do” from the previous “We love you Newcastle, we do”.

Agree with the premise of using local tunes to create chants.  Sam Fender’s output is well known enough now to adapt.  Something with the tune is ‘Seventeen Going Under’ would be a start.

The PA system needs to dial it back massively. Absolutely no chance of building an atmosphere pre match with fan chants or like you say to celebrate. We have a massive noisy enough crowd that is perfectly capable (speed aside) of singing the blaydon races or that hey jude one without it blaring at twenty million decibals over the pa system so loud that fans might as well not even speak. 

1 minute ago, Thorpinho said:

The PA system needs to dial it back massively. Absolutely no chance of building an atmosphere pre match with fan chants or like you say to celebrate. We have a massive noisy enough crowd that is perfectly capable (speed aside) of singing the blaydon races or that hey jude one without it blaring at twenty million decibals over the pa system so loud that fans might as well not even speak. 

I got in a bit too late at the weekend but when I was up for Watford I couldn't believe the volume. :lol: That Enemy song was absolutely ear-splitting from the Gallowgate-Milburn corner, could barely talk to me dad. 

Also I think they've got Local Hero timed really awkwardly, it's finishing way later than it should be doing I think. 

Just nitpicks like.